Gear Knobs

fuji_heavy

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Janne
Drive
Legnum
Anyone else's gear knob all worn out? Just replaced the Nardi wheel with a refurb one and now looking to change the knob and handbrake cover. Everything on ebay is hideous and cheap crap. Any recommendations ? even OEM ones would do

Akys

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alvin
Drive
1996 Trigger Mauve Galant VR4
Get them retrim to match?

BFun

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
'99 Legnum VR-4 Type-S
Yeah... not a lot of options as our thread pitch isn't that common. I managed to find a carbon fibre one that I like from Mx5 Mania (we have the same thread pitch as the mazdas), but other than that, I didn't see many that looked great that would also suit our cars.

Akys

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alvin
Drive
1996 Trigger Mauve Galant VR4
Yeah... not a lot of options as our thread pitch isn't that common. I managed to find a carbon fibre one that I like from Mx5 Mania (we have the same thread pitch as the mazdas), but other than that, I didn't see many that looked great that would also suit our cars.

i thought most mitsubishi are the same? and I agree with janne, lots of aftermarket gear knobs doesnt suit the car.
I changed to a weighted D1 spec gear knob( heavier than OEM) to assist shifting after the installing the short shifter.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Plenty of Ralliart ones available that will do the job, or you can keep an eye on Yahoo Auctions / Import Monster for a handbrake from a Super / Type-S depending on your desired choice of colour scheme.

it's.simon

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
VR-4 Galant Type S
Uses same thread as Nissan also, so there's infinite options. Dunno why you'd think options are limited. I use a BLOX Counter weight. I love it.

fuji_heavy

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Janne
Drive
Legnum
Yeah not sure on those Ralliart balls. I think i want a leather one....might look at retrim. Just wondering what others have done.

BFun

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
'99 Legnum VR-4 Type-S
i thought most mitsubishi are the same? and I agree with janne, lots of aftermarket gear knobs doesnt suit the car.
I changed to a weighted D1 spec gear knob( heavier than OEM) to assist shifting after the installing the short shifter.

Yeah, Mitsu's + Mazdas are the same. Had no idea that Nissans were the same too.
Wonder why I had such a hard time finding some decent knobs :/

Edit: Thats what she said. Because someone was going to say it.

Tophler

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
1999 VR4 FL Legnum w recaro and momo
I replaced my "cue ball" gear knob with the genuine one... so nice to use and feels great. Mine is manual

Scrofl

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
01 VR-4 Galant
My stock manual gear knob is getting really worn, and I cbf getting it re-upholstered, so I just ordered a Tomei Duracon 90mm shift knob.

Top Bottom