Gear shift bracket reversed?

Epicnewb

Idling at the Lights
Lifetime Member
First Name
Lewis
Drive
98' Legnum, 02' Lancer
Hey guys, I lost the ability to shift into any gears the other day and did a bit of digging around and found that may gear shift bracket has come off.

IMG_20181226_144542.jpg

However it looks like the part that rests on the bracket has been flipped around the other way, at least compared to the top bracket

IMG_20181226_144600.jpg

Is there an easy way to flip it back over? I've tried prying it off with pliers but I'm having no luck. Or maybe there's an easy way/explanation and I'm just having a major brain fart....

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
There's a thread i created to fix this. Best to remove it from the g/box then drill both ends as per the guide

Epicnewb

Idling at the Lights
Lifetime Member
First Name
Lewis
Drive
98' Legnum, 02' Lancer
There's a thread i created to fix this. Best to remove it from the g/box then drill both ends as per the guide
Just read the guide, do you happen to know how to remove the cable itself from the gearbox so I can pull the brackets out?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
End point of the cable - there's split pins and washers holding it in place... don't loses this...

once you have removed this.. remove yhe cable from the cradle by removing the clips, they are similsr to the ones holding the brake hose on the suspension arm/strut. You may need to use pliers to pull it off by wiggling it from side to side

Top Bottom