Getting ripped off

Leggy98

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jayden
Drive
1998 legnum vr4
My little brother just brought a gallant. he has now owned it for about 4hrs now. Only drive it for about 30mins the rest of the time has been sitting on the side of the road waiting for a tow truck.

we were driving it home when it starts hard to get 4th then about 50meters down the road the front wheels lock up. The car wont move at all. look around the car cant see anything wrong till we look under the car. there is no tailshaft. half of the transfer case is missing/broken and now its seized up.

there are some dodgy people out there that will do anything for money!

long story short I will be looking for some parts soon for him when he saves a bit more.

(p.s. hope its not to hard to read)

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
Wow, sorry to hear ...
When the car locked up did you hear anything come off ? If your saying there was no tailshaft and half of the transfer case.

Leggy98

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jayden
Drive
1998 legnum vr4
no. witch is odd cause for something like that to go it would have to make a lot of noise. so I think the last owner must have broken it and dodged it up to get it running. I test drove it through Adelaide and it drove very nicely.

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
Hmmm that's strange.

Because i know when there is no oil in the transfer case or if something is wrong with the transfer case it can lock up/seize up and wheels wont move.

Never heard of a car with no tailshaft still can drive on a AWD, unless it came off and you didn't hear it, but it would have been loud. Unless it can be driven with no tailshaft ? And he really did a dodgy which could have been dangerous.

uzz320

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Martin
Drive
99 Legnum
Sorry for the split pics, but I assume this is the same car - check out the comment number!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-14-02-05-04.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-14-02-05-04.png
    251.2 KB · Views: 108
  • Screenshot_2014-05-14-02-04-55.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-14-02-04-55.png
    273.6 KB · Views: 106

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Any pics of the damage? Seems bloody strange, did he pay much for the car?

Sorry this is no help now, but when I want a reliable car, I stay away from places with "drift" in the name...

Leggy98

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jayden
Drive
1998 legnum vr4
We'll had a look under it and it's been dodged up and the rear half of the transfer case is not there. So some one has removed it. Why would someone do it why??

image.jpg

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Is that exactly how you found it? You didn't have to remove anything to get it to look like that?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
that's dodge... report it to police or small claims?

I'd want my money back and I wont stop til I get it.

Leggy98

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jayden
Drive
1998 legnum vr4
No haven't touched it. That's how we got it. Have contacted the guy we got it off said he knows nothing about it but his Facebook says different and he's not gonna help at all. So will be taking it to court if we have to

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
I'm guessing you didn't get an NRMA pre purchase inspection or something like that? Did you have a look under the car when you bought it?

EDIT: Like Christian said, give 'em hell.

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
Yeah honestly report it because you never know what could have happened, maybe killed yourself or others especially if it locked up and those stuff missing, i know its on the buyer if something is wrong with the car and you cant really do anything but in this case someone could have got hurt/killed and worth looking into.

VR4STHOZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
shane
Drive
1999 Legnum Type-S
The guys facebook Page isn't pivate and there is no way he couldn't have known something was screwed.
Oh and he only had it since the end of April.. Supposedly swapped a bluebird for it.. Has to have been something wrong.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Thats just a QLD thing Christian, most states if the car is already registered you just need to fill in a transfer form. This is because in most states you need a roadworthy every year to renew rego, but in QLD you just pay the rego bill every year.

GMan

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jet
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
I agree that you should go after this guy...if only to make him think twice about screwing over someone else later.

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
Holy shit that is f**king dodgy. Definitely an intentional scam as well, as that has clearly been grinded off and you can see where he's chucked silicon around it to try and stop it leaking. Plus there wouldn't normally be silicon there as that should have a metal gasket due to the need to properly space the pinion for the tail shaft from the transfer case.

R Kilburn

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Roland
Drive
1996 PFL VR-4 Galant
I hope he can get his money back. Hearing that your brother has to save up now just to make the car functional is ridiculous. I would've towed it back to his place and brought the police in for records

Top Bottom