Getting ripped off

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
no. witch is odd cause for something like that to go it would have to make a lot of noise. so I think the last owner must have broken it and dodged it up to get it running. I test drove it through Adelaide and it drove very nicely.

when did you test driven the car? was it on the same day of the purchase, a day or week before?

cause if the tail shaft came off, it would've dragged a fair bit of parts with it.. like the exhaust, several mount points too... and you would've heard alot of metal bits hitting your under body and as well as the ground. And this would not be pleasant to hear.

Leggy98

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jayden
Drive
1998 legnum vr4
Test driven and purchased on the same day.

Have pulled the transfercase apart and there is a piston siliconed in place of the pinion.

uzz320

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Martin
Drive
99 Legnum
That is so incredibly strange. It would have been funny if the car kept working for a while and then one day while reversing out of the driveway a piston fell out on the floor - imagine the confusion as to how it was still running and where the hell a piston came from! In all seriousness though, I can't imagine how mad your brother must be by now.

I think it is clear at this point that there wasn't a tailshaft in it when your brother bough it though, so that's a plus.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
please tell me you are chasing this up with the seller and getting the appropriate parties involved?

Leggy98

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jayden
Drive
1998 legnum vr4
Bit annoyed Kurt (my brother) has decided to not take this to court anymore as he said it is to hard.

I will start a build thread and let you guys know what else I find. Should be pulling the gearbox out tonight.

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Getting the courts involved directly can be difficult, but if you torch this asshole's house I'm sure they will come into it :p

Leggy98

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jayden
Drive
1998 legnum vr4
trust me I have thought about torching his house a couple of times lol

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Always remember the old saying:
Revenge is a dish best served cold.
That way motive is harder to prove

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
is that a ground down piston jammed into the t-case? or am i not looking at this correctly?

Leggy98

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jayden
Drive
1998 legnum vr4
Yes you are looking at it right. As I was pulling it apart it took me a couple of minutes to work out what is was

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
that's screwed up big time..

so they screwed you guys over and you're just letting them?

i'd call the police and report them for fraud

Size1

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
00 legnum vr4
Call the RTA see if they can do something about it too? Dont let it go!!! Why does your Brother feel its to hard?

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
that's screwed up big time..

so they screwed you guys over and you're just letting them?

i'd call the police and report them for fraud

Agree with above.

Seriously this is different, its not like you brought the car and find out engine was stuffed or gearbox - shit like that is the seller hides it and hard to do anything BUT...... the guy that sold it to you had parts missing (important parts that make the car drive safely) and dangerous to drive and like i said it could have killed your brother or people around and what then.

He should have called Fair Trading or RTA or Police, im sure one of them would have helped .

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
and having that piston shoved into the transfer case, that's deliberate act of screwing you with this purchase..

Top Bottom