Getting ripped off

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
It's deliberate deception. But unfortunately something like this will go through small claims court and could take yrs to resolve at a very high cost. It's a shit blow but yes people do get away with it because it's very hard forthebuyer to prove and retrieve all associated costs with the lawsuit, so u still loose at the end, even if u win.

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
I once bought a lemon from a guy in QLD. It had a dodgy road worthy certificate and in hindsight, I should have taken it back and demanded a refund. 1 year or 2 down the track I received a call from consumer affairs or a similar government agency asking for information about this guy who was a licensed used car dealer pretending to sell many cars as a private entity. It turned out that many others were stung, some of which complained to the right people.

Moral of the story: report it. You might help yourself and/or many other people.

mcs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1997 Galant VR-4
This is messed up by now I would have beat the crap out of this bloke. What a #&$^.

Glad nothing serious happened at high speed.

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
It would be satisfying (but not advisable) to just keep throwing pistons through his front window. Every time he fixes it, throw another piston through it. That way he will know who it is, but will struggle to explain to any authorities how he knows who it was.

I repeat, this is a hypothetical, not a suggestion.

hooter

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
neale fraser
Drive
miester blue legnum
not cool inciting that kind of revenge when through the net when we can bad mouth that buisiness to bankruptcy-- but then paper toilet rolls flammable liquids and rainwater downpipes can make [statement removed because its not acceptable] but upon reading this , all i can say is f em talk to every body and i bet they might make a deal ,like have the car for free

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
As clever and amusing as the piston-through-the-window thing is, we have to be careful what we post here. Please DO NOT encourage illegal activity of any kind.

Leggy98

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jayden
Drive
1998 legnum vr4
We have been to the police already. They said they could do nothing it's just buyer beware. And the court could cost a lot of money with the chances of losing. Might go see the local MP and see if we can get him to wright a letter and see what happens

^^^

i like is.

and/or gearboxes and transfer cases. on driveway and through windows. hypothetically.

I like this.

Now taking donations of old parts :D

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
Yeah, see how you go with your local MP, but make sure you explain to him/her everything and what was missing and how you could have injured or killed yourself or others by him selling you something that should never have been for sale and driven.

The Borg

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Daniel
Drive
2000 face lift Legnum VR4 manual
I had a load of issues on my purchase and started talking too the right people in regards of these issues, the things I learnt are talk to a RTA inspector get a couple of safety certs from a couple of mechanics that show the car is not only defective but also dangerous the RTA MUST act on given information as sales of unsafe cars by any car trader is a federal offense ( mention federal offense and people act fast ) there's not just a steep fine ( well over 100k ) but mandatory gaol sentencing to offenders.
Down side the car will be taken off the road until repairs are done and a blue slip is approved.

Top Bottom