Glad I'm not A subie fan boy

niterida

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Ken
Drive
1997 Legnum
Subaru lost their way after the Gen 4 Liberty... in fact it's their best looking car, period.
I'm a long time Subaru owner and even longer time Subaru fan and I have to agree wholeheartedly with this statement.
The concept looked so good. Pity they ruined it. It's gotten way too big as well...
The concept car had me salivating and getting the chequebook open - and then they come out with this atrocious piece of design :(

With the Evo's gone they have reduced the price. $39,990 for the WRX and $49,990 for the STI. Performance bargain for the new pricing. And with it coming out as a wagon in the future, it may be a great upgrade!

Wagon version looks a million times better - but a millions time better than butt ugly, is still ugly !!

Subaru used to do their own thing and it worked for them as a lower volume manufacturer - think Leone, Brumby Vortex, SVX, and to a lesser extent the first Liberty and Impreza. But then they decided they wanted to play with the big boys and to do that they had to be more mainstream and appeal to more people. But their designers didn't know how to do anything but original Subaru designs so they copied bits of all the other manufacturers and put them into one design - it just doesn't work and somebody needs to give Subaru a massive kick up the backside.................

Scrofl

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
01 VR-4 Galant
Am I the only person who likes the new design? *ducks thrown bottles*

Although I hate the current gen Impreza's, so it could just be that I'm glad they gave the new ones a more aggressive front end.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
I like the look of the subi wagon. I've always like the WRX but thought they were generally ugly. I'd have the new wagon though!
I quite like the front styling.
Oh and 26psi on the AMG45 is just plain stooopid My track car only ran 21 and i then reduced it 19. I'd alway run the least boost to get the output required.

Top Bottom