Good Powder Coaters

vr4cobra

1 AYC Bar
First Name
T-J
Drive
1996 Galant VR4
Hey guys I'm looking at powdercoating my Lenso Widetracks A nice dark Blue since the finish isn't in the best condition and one of them still has a combination of brake dust and metal thanks to the previous owner driving his car till the rotors were 1mm from the vents :S that just wont shift.

I donno how much I'm looking to get them done or where to go to get them done. Any suggestions guys? I live South West side of Brisbane

rims.jpg

What they looked like before I cleaned them up

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
Powder coating is rumored to weaken alloy wheels due to the heat. A better option is to have them sprayed or spraying them yourself. Having someone else paint them for you will cost more than powder coating (especially if you make them do all the sanding) but will be less detrimental on the strength of the wheels.

Of course you could always paint them yourself

Akys

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alvin
Drive
1996 Trigger Mauve Galant VR4
just got mine painted after repairing of 2 rims. Cost me $85ea to PAINT them. powder coat cost more i think and i did heard about taylor mention but not very sure.

vr4cobra

1 AYC Bar
First Name
T-J
Drive
1996 Galant VR4
cheers guys. I painted my stockies gun metal grey and they turned out good hmm I may aswell paint these ones aswell

Akys

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alvin
Drive
1996 Trigger Mauve Galant VR4
or use plastidip and just peel them off when you get tired of them :)

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
You can get powder coating for around $60 per wheel and its a much tougher finish

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
I can do it for $50 all 4..

i'll use johnson's baby powder.. you'll see that it'll be as soft as a baby's bum

vr4cobra

1 AYC Bar
First Name
T-J
Drive
1996 Galant VR4
I can do it for $50 all 4..

i'll use johnson's baby powder.. you'll see that it'll be as soft as a baby's bum

Oh a deal i just cant refuse, I always wanted my rims to be as soft as a baby's bum :p

You can get powder coating for around $60 per wheel and its a much tougher finish

thats not to bad i guess, where is that at?

also what is better, acid dip or sandblasting? I was told acid dip would be better to prep them up but i guess it depends on the place in which way they prep it

Top Bottom