Handling Upgrades

BR1JZL

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Brian
Drive
EC5A VR-4 Galant
I was looking though the upgrades for Galant/Legnum and I was wondering if you can run Cusco Lower Arm bar v1 and 2 and front and rear sway bars? I have asked cusco and tried searching through, no luck.

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
Did Cusco reply to you? I had Jesse ask Cusco about sway bars, apparently no longer manufactured. Steve bought one from RHD Japan recently though, possibly old stock.

BR1JZL

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Brian
Drive
EC5A VR-4 Galant
Nah I have gotten a response from Cusco, I've seen some floating about

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Its either or with the arm bars BTW, they fit on the front, one version is more front pipe friendly than the other...

zac billetski

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
zac
Drive
1996 Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4, 1980 Datsun 280zx, 1979 Datsun 210
i was looking at nengun and they listed the V2 as discontinued. have you found it somewhere else?

nengun still has V1 and both swaybars listed as available.

BR1JZL

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Brian
Drive
EC5A VR-4 Galant
Yeah I saw that, but I have been on the lookout for one, something should pop up in yahoo auctions. I'm still not sure if you can run all 3 items together (front sway bars and lower arm bar v1 and v2). Also hoping that the ec5w ones will fit the ec5a :/

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
As I posted above its only one or the other with the arm bars they fit in the same place one just has more attachment points than the other.

Trust me I've had both as had to swap them to fit my front pipes.

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
Trust me I've had both as had to swap them to fit my front pipes.

I remember reading your thread on it years ago but did you see the link above where VR4s shows them both installed?

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
That's just fitted on the other side of the same knuckle for marginal benefit I would think... The one that attaches at multiple points will hit pro shop iida and probably RPW front pipes if not most other common types aswell.

Maybe with new solid engine mounts and stock boost you could get away with it, or else see @trotty for front pipe mods.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
I was looking at a cusco underbody brace today. I believe it would do almost nothing. Is so soft i can bend it by hand! Just get the swaybars

zac billetski

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
zac
Drive
1996 Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4, 1980 Datsun 280zx, 1979 Datsun 210
I was looking at a cusco underbody brace today. I believe it would do almost nothing. Is so soft i can bend it by hand! Just get the swaybars

are you referring to the type 1 or 2?

and if its that bad. have you looked into replicating it? but making it stiffer? i would definitely purchase a V2 and V1 replica.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
I have an underbody brace, as people have said it doesn't fit with the RPW front pipes. I went back to std front pipes as I fitted the RPW's to a Leggy I would be selling. I have re-fitted the under brace & can certainly tell the difference. Mine is not Cusco, not sure what back it is but unlike @TME_Steve mine is very solid. So much so it transfers engine noise through the chassis somewhat now. But the upside is the car noticeably stiffer- that's what she said:ROFLMAO:

BR1JZL

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Brian
Drive
EC5A VR-4 Galant
I was looking at getting a custom down pipe, so want to get the Lower Arm Bar's sorted first. Would be good to know what other ones are available for the Galant, other than cusco, or maybe @VR4S can chime in (if they are still active)?

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
I've no doubt the 4-point one is the way to go if you can get it to fit.

Both together I'm not sure what the increase in benefit would be, also how much thread depth is spare with something either side of that knuckle / bolt?

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
I've no doubt the 4-point one is the way to go if you can get it to fit.

Both together I'm not sure what the increase in benefit would be, also how much thread depth is spare with something either side of that knuckle / bolt?
Plenty, they go into the body some distance

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
Plenty, they go into the body some distance

The bolt I'm referring to (on the other side) doesn't go into the body...sorry if I was unclear.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-09-12-44-36.png
    Screenshot_2015-05-09-12-44-36.png
    433.2 KB · Views: 42

Gav

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gav
Drive
Galant
are you referring to the type 1 or 2?

and if its that bad. have you looked into replicating it? but making it stiffer? i would definitely purchase a V2 and V1 replica.

i know this is an old post but i know the v2 rubs on aftermarket front pipes
and also needs to be removed when working on the car as you cant drop your front pipes with it installed

Top Bottom