Has Anyone Seen.....

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
One of these on a VR4 before ?

IMGA2731.jpg

Are our door handles a regulation size or specific to our cars ? I've never seen them on any other car before. The little red light comes on when you open the door. I've got them on both my front doors on my Super.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I have seen a number of other Mitsi's with the same door handle surround things. Your one doesn't look like it came out of the factory that colour :)

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
I have seen a number of other Mitsi's with the same door handle surround things. Your one doesn't look like it came out of the factory that colour :)

I'm guessing not. It's a real rough material too, nothing like the door handle itself. The 2 rear doors have the extra bits too, but no lights on them.

Bizzaro ?

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
Maybe to protect the underside of the handle from scratches... but it looks crap IMO

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Brad, you got any picks from further back? I'd like to see what the look like from a few steps back.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Brad, you got any picks from further back? I'd like to see what the look like from a few steps back.

With the lights on ? I have a few picks from further back, but with the doors closed, not open.

BTW, you keep quoting jet150 in a few of your posts ?

G

Unregistered
I'm guessing not. It's a real rough material too, nothing like the door handle itself. The 2 rear doors have the extra bits too, but no lights on them.

Bizzaro ?

They say the previous owner carved it himself, from a bigger door handle surround.

3M-TA3

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Daniel
Drive
BLACK MANUAL '97 LEGNUM
I've got the remains of some wires hanging out from under the door handles, only on the front. maybe i had them aswell??

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
I've got the remains of some wires hanging out from under the door handles, only on the front. maybe i had them aswell??

Hmmmm interesting Daniel :eek:hmy: Sounds like it ! I personally don't see the point. The light doesn't carry at all & doesn't really serve any purpose other than to look different.

3M-TA3

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Daniel
Drive
BLACK MANUAL '97 LEGNUM
could be just a safety feature for when your door is wide open that no cars drifting around the corner on the wrong side of the road take the door off!!:p

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Brad didn't you ask about these a month or so ago? I swear I've seen that photo before...

On a slightly related topic, I finally replaced my front door handles with the new rears I bought a year ago. Looks much cleaner without the locks, and only takes about 15-20mins a door once you've done one.

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
I'm pretty sure they are factory brad... your's need some paint though :X

Yes my car is a dirty bitch. Just got back from a week at the snow.

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 57

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Trev - I asked in a pictures thread from memory & I don't think anyone replied to it.

Hugh - I've never noticed you've had them on your car before ? Probably too busy ogling your LCD screen in the dash! Have you only got the lights on the front doors too ?

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
maybe the reason yours is rough is someones tried sanding it back n putting chrome paint on it? :p

Top Bottom