Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Hi All,

Has anyone experienced after having stereo installed speedo stop working correctly, ie. when stereo is turned up above half volume the speedo needle starts dancing, the louder you go the faster you go (according to the speedo i was just doing 180kph in my driveway) The stereo was wired as per the wiring diagram on this thread.

Any ideas guys???

Kat

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
you might have one of the wires loose.. i think one wire in the stereo harness is connected to the ecu..

correct me if im wrong..

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
You have used a magna wiring harness to put the stereo in. If you do this there is 1 wire that needs to be cut going into it that if not cut stops the speedo from working.

I have NFI how you would search that but maybe putting "speedo stopped working" into search might find the thread.

Otherwise wait for someone who remembers what the thread was called.

Good news > it's an easy fix.

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Hi Guys,

I believed they spliced into the connector that was in the original Mitsubishi Stereo, so why would it work with the old stereo???? I wonder if they have screwed up and got the ecu wire hooked in, Grrrrrrrrrrrr :(

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Thanks Guys,

I just pulled it out myself (who said I'm blonde) the dumb arse M... F... audio guy stuffed up, There is a thin white/blue (obviously the speed sensor) and a thicker white/blue for the stereo, the knob got it switched, so I fixed it myself, after reading a few threads and breaking a nail. Stereo Rocks and the Speedo works.... :) :) :)

Kat

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
I know it's sweet bru, but do you want a chup?

Lol @ WTG, I always read it as What The Gay first time round :p

Top Bottom