Help! Fuel Rail Air Leak??

d3ck5

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dexter
Drive
VR4, VR6
ok

starting to panic now as my cars meant to be tuned in less than 24 hours and i still have this crappy idle.

i noticed a loud hissing noise coming from around my front fuel rail / intake manifold area. i did fit a fuel loop recently so its most likely related. the hissing is pretty loud (esp with the engine off) and im certain it's just air.

i cant see / smell any fuel leaking, and i will most likely refit the old one back to see if it does the same.

while i wait for the engine to cool down, should i be looking at other things? I didnt remove the intake manifold at any stage and pretty much followed Steves instructions word for word.

HELP!!

whats_doing

QLD Events Manager
First Name
Sam
Drive
98 PFL Black Legnum - SOLD
MY15 Hyosung GT650R
Did you seat all the injectors back properly? Has one of the seals on the head side of the injector perished?

When removing your plenum did you split the brake booster hose? If so its a fairly easy fix. Just cut it higher than the split and get a 3/8 male nipple to nipple at Bunnings/Masters, some hose clamps and some 3/8 fuel hose to get you by.

d3ck5

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dexter
Drive
VR4, VR6
hit the nail on the head Sam.

i contacted Steve and he said the same thing.

I took a closer look (with my glasses on this time) and the o ring from one of the injectors was missing a piece.

thankfully he's going to bring a kit with him tomorrow.

Top Bottom