air/fuel ratio gauge help

douwboy

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Joshua
Drive
2000 Legnum pearl white, manual, sunroof
I recently got a air/fuel ratio gauge installed and it is reading over to the fuel side of the gauge all the time on full. The gauge has been installed by a proper mechanic and wired up as per the instructions using the 4 wires of the o2 sensor. If my o2 sensor is faulty would it be a fair indication that it would make the gauge read incorrectly as well?

douwboy

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Joshua
Drive
Its says nothing in the instruction manual about calibration so im assuming it doesn't need it. It is an electronic one.

douwboy

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Joshua
Drive
Ive sent an email away to the people who made the gauge hopefully they can shed some light, just thought id post it up here just incase someone knew anything. The gauge is a iridium series drift gauge.

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
Not sure how it can read from ~12.2-17.2 from a narrowband sensor...

Does it mention that it needs a wideband sensor to work?

douwboy

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Joshua
Drive
Here are the instructions that i have. I havent looked at any wiring in the car yet because i have no clue as to which wires go where.
The four wire diagram is the one that they used.
airfuelfront.jpg

airfuelback.jpg

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
fto with 6A13TT & bf xr6 turbo
My inovate one wasnt that hard, ive read you instructions and even i dont understand them , sugest you email the company.

douwboy

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Joshua
Drive
Yeah I've done that I'm just waiting till they reply back. There is also a autobahn down the road that stock these and they have a workshop connected so I will ask them next if they can sort out the problem.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
I was under the impression that air/fuel ratio gauges need a wide band sensor to work.

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
I never got mine to work, I put this down to the lack of wide band.

[TUFFTR]

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Paul
Drive
Mitsubishi Magna
Sorry dude, but take that piece of junk back. Your wideband sensor AFAIK will only give a reading under or above stoich, It's utterly useless. It'll go rich, lean, rich lean, not handy.

Do yourself a favour and buy one of these
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AEM-Wide...ories&hash=item3ccb7e8680&_uhb=1#ht_500wt_969

They come with the sensor, wiring EVERYTHING, all you do is give it 12+ and earth. Oh and you'll need another bung put in the exhaust. That's a true wideband which can also be used for tuning. Very handy tool, mine has been great.

[TUFFTR]

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Paul
Drive
Mitsubishi Magna
I was under the impression that air/fuel ratio gauges need a wide band sensor to work.
Not if you buy a narrowband one! which this guy has purchased. Actually harder to install then the wideband and alot more useless.

lathiat

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trent Lloyd
Drive
97 Legnum (Manual)
I have the PLX DM-6 AFR combo pack. Recommended.

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
I considered an Innovate mtx-l or something from wbo2.com but the price on that AEM is great. Definite contender. Accurate Paul?

Top Bottom