Help with error codes reported by EvoScan and dash lights

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Note: Moved from Lee's whinge about Zupps Southport...

It was Neal Lowe Motorsport that James recommended above, it had also been recommended on the Evo forums.

I rang him just now and he seems really good - however he couldn't book the car in till mid November as he's off overseas doing some tuning. But he did give me some free advice on what to check in regards to the error codes.

cheers

Lee

Let me know what those error codes are and I'll compare them to mine. If they are the same I think it's a deficiency in the Evoscan Software and not the cars.

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Let me know what those error codes are and I'll compare them to mine. If they are the same I think it's a deficiency in the Evoscan Software and not the cars.

Hey Pete,

Evoscan is reporting the following:
Updated: 20:25:13
Oxygen Sensor
Intake air flow sensor
Throttle position sensor
Engine coolant temperature sensor
Camshaft position sensor
Vehicle speed sensor
Barometric pressure sensor

clear codes, turn off engine, turn on

Updated: 20:26:10
Intake temperature sensor
Throttle position sensor
Engine coolant temperature sensor
Camshaft position sensor
Vehicle speed sensor
Barometric pressure sensor

If you read the codes from the flashing ABS light I only get 13 (Intake air temperature sensor) and 14 (Throttle position sensor). The AYC light constantly flashes and the engine light constantly flashes.

Neal Lowe suggested it might be an ECU earthing issue so I unbolted the 3 earthing points in the engine bay I could see, sanded back the paint a bit and re-attached them but no luck. Could the ECU be earthed in the cabin somewhere?

cheers

Lee

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Lee,

I can't tell you my extact error codes, as I haven't checked them yet but I can say that I only get 3. And from memory it is your first 3. I was a little sus on the Evoscan package because I've had the O2 sensor replaced but I'm still getting the same message. Unless of course the sensor wasn't replaced and they just charged me for it. Or there is multiple O2 sensors and another one is faulty.

Cheers

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Well I logged my drive to the train station and if EvoScan is to be believed the speed sensor and the coolant temp and air temp all seem to be sending wacky values (unless I really was doing 250km/h at the top of 3rd :) )

Haven't had any replies from the ClubVR4 folks so I might just have to wait till I can get it into Neal Lowe.

The other concerning thing was that it logged some knocking during the 3rd gear run :(

As Pete says I dunno whether completely trust EvoScan as I don't know if it's been tested on a VR-4 or not.

I'll keep you posted on any developments.

cheers

Lee

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Sorry Lee, got your pm. I'm not an expert on the fault codes, I don't have the original ecu so I don't need to worry with the stock ecu at all!

I would suggest ignoring the errors unless there is something genuinely wrong with the performance of the car.

Top Bottom