help with two boost connections at once.

G

Unregistered
Hi Guys.
A few of the guys here and myself are getting different readings on the ebc and gauge's.
One ebc will read 15psi and the gauge will read 20psi.
Currently I have a T piece running of the back of the manifold and then splits into a second T piece where the clock used to sit. Thats where I have my blitz ebc and the defi boost gauge above it.
Should they be connected seperately or can one of the items be reading incorrectly or be faulty??
The defi boost gauge reads in psi and when engine is on idle it reads a few notches below 0 and the ebc reads about -48.
Both look ok at first but then when boost comes on they read different amounts.
Any suggestions.
Cheers

smohekey

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott Mohekey
Drive
Legnum
I get about 21 inches of mercury (in.Hg) at idle, which I THINK is about -10 psi. Although I'm not sure you can measure vacuum in psi at all.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Sounds like the EBC is more accurate. Does the gauge sit at 0 when the car is off?

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Sounds like the EBC is more accurate. Does the gauge sit at 0 when the car is off?

I would agree with Brad, sounds like the gauge is out..... Usually they read LOWER if there is a problem but if it was busted from factory then I guess that would explain it.

Your EBC would have to be closer to the mark as if it wasn't your car would be hitting boost cut if it were set at 20PSI!!!

Just try another gauge (Even a cheapie would do)

Kenneth

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Kenneth
Drive
1999 Galant VR-4
Test #1: Swap pressure/vacuum references over and see if the gauge and EBC read differently to before. If so, you have a pressure drop somewhere.

Test #2: Un-hook the EBC (and block the tube) and see if the gauge reads differently

Check the tube diameter doesn't change between the gauge and the EBC.

G

Unregistered
I do have two other gauges so I should get some spare time in a day or so and try out a different gauge.
I am using a newish defi d racer gauge so not a cheapie.
Got an old greddy so will plug that in and see how I go.
Thanks guys.
But the bottom line is they should read both the same of the T piece RIGH?
For some reason I cant remember the last time my car hit boost cut as I have even run it at 1.1 bar and still nothing but the ebc does read .58 bar max when the boost settings are turned off.
14.7 psi X .58 bar is 8.5 psi stock which sounds close enough to accurate doesnt it.

Top Bottom