hi guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Unregistered
hey, im up here in QLD and im thinking of getting a legnum/galant vr4
just had a few common questions for you guys

1. price. they seem to be between 11.5k-18k for legnums, im chasing a manual+sunroof one with the AYC (only seen one, and its 16k (legnum))
2. reliability. are they?
3. performance+mods. is there much in the way of mods available to them. eg airfilter
4. what mdoels are there and how to tell them apart?
5. how are they to drive, are there any car reviews floating about?

thanks for your time and sorry if everyone asks these questions

- Alex

G

Unregistered
1. ur price range is pretty close. Manual will go for a higher price, most cars have AYC, only the facelift type V doesn't.
2. Reliability is a tough question to answer. Had mine a year with No issues at all. Seen a few Autos that have possibly not been treated well in the past and torque convertor seals gone. but ur after a manual so thats cool.
3. not a huge amount of mods available, but there is everything u need somewhere in the world. This is an awesome car stock anyway.
4. SEARCH this one I'm not going to answer this again.
5. Bloody fantastic.

Please take some time going through the threads on here there is a wealth of Infomation. :)

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
2. At least two manual transmission cars on this forum have had issues with clutch master/slave cylinders. Not sure if this is common though.

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
2. At least two manual transmission cars on this forum have had issues with clutch master/slave cylinders. Not sure if this is common though.

It seems they like to fail after (or during) fitting an aftermarket clutch so if you go down that path, get them reconditioned at the same time...

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
for Question 4.

well, i was advised my many thankful friends to change every fluid in the ca. Well, i did. engine oil, trans, coolant, brake...etc etc.. except AYC and Diff (i am lazy.. thats all). my car is smooth and never had anything wrong sofar. as a rule of the thumb for almost all jap cars. you look after it, it will look after your wallet.:ROFLMAO:

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Jono do your diff, ya nut! Your AYC system is far too expensive to have to repair or replace... :banghead:

G

Unregistered
search please use it first.

thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom