Caution to the guys running heavy clutches....

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
So, those of you that have been in Driven would have seen the white ornament/Legnum that was sitting in the corner for ever waiting on parts and my motivation. For those playing at home, the car was towed in with no drive, due to a very poorly installed clutch (is 3 bolts holding the gearbox on and 3 on the transfer :closedeyes:) Long story short, after copius amounts of work and $$ the car was supposed to be finished. Go to bleed the clutch and noticed the clutch pedal having huge amounts of play.
The following pics are due to an OS Giken twin plate clutch that was installed. The clutch pedal is bolted to a spot welded on bracket on the firewall. Over time, it has fractured and eventually completely failed. Up close, there are spider cracks through the whole bracket.
dhg7r7.jpg

34g7dpv.jpg

The shit thing....to repair it we've had to remove the dash, seats, carpet, looms, column to gain access. I'm about to source a whole new bracket, re-engineer it, mount and it should be sweet after that.
I just thought it would be worth some of you checking to catch it early.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
thanks for the heads up.. pretty sure it'll be major PITA to patch it up with all the wires on the way..

Top Bottom