*** PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT...A WORD OF CAUTION ABOUT 13K CUSTOMS!!! ***

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
I wish to inform Wa members SPECIFICALLY aswell as anyone else on the forum about my personal experience with a company called 13K customs, the owner is a member on here under the title of 13K and I strongly suggest to stay away from this company as the lies, excuses and unprofessionalism is really not worth the hassle, or the cheap quotes offered!

There are a couple of other members on Ozvr4 that have had the same hardships that I have had but they will remain unnamed unless they feel like exposing themselves on their own accord.

It all started 11 weeks ago, me and another person (I shall refer to them as person X) had our new Evo styled bonnets delivered to 13K workshop, we had a quick meeting the weekend before and a deal was struck to have both bonnets painted, the front bumper removed from person X’s car, a mould to be made and a fresh custom front bar pushed out for each of us for XXX amount of dollars. It was told to us that everything would be finished and ready for installation at the end of 5 weeks, half the money was to be payed upfront and the other half once everything was finished and installed! No receipts were given... sounding good so far????? An offer too good to refuse if you knew the figures.....

I sent a text message to Barry asking how progress was coming along, I was told the bonnet is ready to pick up but due to the change in weather the front bar was not ready to come out of the mould. So at the end of 5 weeks I was told everything was ready to go and to arrive on Sunday at 11am sharp as the guy had stuff on that day to do and upon arriving at the workshop on that day 20 minutes late, nothing was ready at the workshop, I was told he just spoke to the person who was delivering it and it was 45 minutes away. 4 hours later my bonnet never arrived! I wanted to know why it was not at the workshop and it was explained to me that he couldn’t get the paint to stick so it was given to another painter to complete. I left home very disappointed that day and was told as compensate for my troubles that he would have all my stuff delivered to my house the next day.

To cut a long story short and to not get anyone too bored to finish reading, basically another 4 weeks passed, I was told on 4 separate occasions each week that my stuff had been witnessed being sent off to my address and on 4 separate occasions it never showed up, as a contractor and taking time off work I don’t get payed to stay at home and I’ve lost over a 1000 bucks taking time off work to stay home and have stuff not arrive which is a absolute joke. After the 1st stuff around abusive messages were sent asking WTF was going on, this resulted in my mobile number being diverted straight to message bank after 1 ring every time and so did my partners phone after contacting him 1 time on it, it also got diverted to message bank after 1 ring every time, mean while person X and another member on here getting work done person Y had no problems getting through and had every sms and missed call returned. This really proved the point that the whole time I was getting nothing but BS and after giving him an ear full he didn’t want to deal with me anymore. Pretty pathetic considering I was out of pocket big time and the guy wouldn’t return texts or messages left on message bank even though he still had my stuff, nothing but lies and excuses were given to person X as well who at this point of time also just wanted his stuff back! I told 13K to just give my stuff back whether it was ready or not and finally the day arrived after 10 weeks of waiting I got my bonnet delivered to his workshop and my mechanic picked it up, as it turns out the bonnet is missing the rain cover and person X has the rain cover but is missing the grill covering the open styled vent! Also my custom front bar does not exist it never existed and the whole time I’ve been told my parts were ready and being delivered was just a method of stalling who knows what for, as we got in touch with the owner of the workshop and he concluded the owner was very much in debt and had the locks on the workshop changed until the lease was payed, and it all just got too confusing and messy, I contacted person X and person Y and each story that was given to each of us from Barry was very different and nothing matched up at all, so who was being told the truth, I let you decide!!

Also a side note, in future i would also be cautious of anyone on here under a different name perhaps offering Evo X front bumpers from WA as its probably the same guy but at the end of the day the decision is entirely yours....

So I’m glad I finally got my bonnet back, although I’ve lost $250 that I payed upfront for work and parts that never happened, the same happened to person Y and that money we payed upfront has not been returned and I doubt we will be getting our missing parts returned as well so I’m pushing through Department of Consumer Protection to chase this up as it should never have happened in the first place! I’ve also taken my bonnet to a professional who does show cars and alike and my quote is a minimum of $500 to fix what 13K customs have attempted to do and that’s not even including painting that’s just fixing and prep work! So in total I payed $800 for the bonnet, $250 as an upfront payment, quote of $500 to fix his shitty work and more than $1000 in time off work waiting time waiting for part(s) that were guaranteed to be on the courier on their way to mine! That’s a total of $2550 so far! Not to include phone calls, texts and fuel usage etc etc oh and the $300 dollar fine I received getting to his workshop that Sunday in a hurry that I didn’t want to mention before! Almost a grand total of $3K just to get a bonnet painted and a custom front bar that never existed.
Person Y’s panel and paint work performed by same company looks worse than it did before they touched it, person X’s bonnet arrive painted on 1 side with 1 coat of paint wet in the box it was delivered in which meant it stuck to the cardboard and was totally ruined!

My advice is to stay very well clear of this company as they cannot run a business efficiently and their work is some of the most terrible stuff I personally have ever seen and they are likely to do a runner with any money payed upfront and use lies and excuses to bide time for whatever reason, companies should not be given chances considering they divert calls from upset customers and refuse to keep their end of the bargain!

G

Unregistered
Bloody hell thats shocking! God your blood must have been boiling! That is a level of professionalism that you wouldnt wish on anyone! Feel for you!

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
Oh yeah i wish i could say how i really feel.....its a bit of a read but people need to know so it dont happen to them, i had to edit heaps out to keep it this short!

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
got a quick pic of my bonnet today

its been dropped and chipped since in barrys possession :thumbdown:
couldnt check all of it wonder what the other side is like

the quote is $800 to get it completed and he ran his nails down the front like a cat and all the undercoat just came straight off! was not prepared at all before putting primer on! not happy

Attachments

• Photo0663.jpg
    Photo0663.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 375

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
Mine was chipped on both corners towards the windscreen... Am I person X or Y ?! =)

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
That sucks. And to think we got our bonnets in the same shipment!

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
Im still waiting for my rain cover and my half payment i payed upfront which i was told via sms i would be getting back last tuesday?!?!

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
not even in winter?

regardless it came with the purchase so it should be returned to its rightful owner....:D

MUNGEL

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jess
Drive
99 Series II Legnum
Im still waiting for my rain cover and my half payment i payed upfront which i was told via sms i would be getting back last tuesday?!?!

From what Barrie told me, he was meant to be dropping it off to Tom's house with Tom's things.

Why am i Y and Tom X?
are you saying Tom is a girl... and that i'm a dude? lol

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
But things weren't ready... or should I say just started?

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
From what Barrie told me, he was meant to be dropping it off to Tom's house with Tom's things.

Why am i Y and Tom X?
are you saying Tom is a girl... and that i'm a dude? lol

i see where your going with the X and Y thing, my bad :p

Stuff was meant to be returned to toms last tuesday but ive heard nothing bout it from tom as im sure his mrs would have told him if he had any presents....

Just more and more BS everytime!!!!

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
What was he supposed to drop off? Now I'm confused...

Do you really think we'll see the rain cover & mesh for the bonnet again? I don't think so...

I've ordered my bolts & nuts for the Diamond Technik fog light covers again and I'm in contact with the bonnet manufacturer as well about raincover & mesh.

I'll keep you updated! I wouldn't mind seeing my $250 upfront payment back again, but I assume the department of consumer protection will need to put a bit pressure on him before we see anything back.

MUNGEL

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jess
Drive
99 Series II Legnum
person Y had no problems getting through and had every sms and missed call returned.

I'm not getting through to him anymore. I left it over a week and tried messaging him yesterday, no answer. I messaged today and again no answer. Have you or TomTom tried calling him this week?

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
Whenever i try calling it goes straight through to message bank as of about 5-6 weeks ago so impossible for me to get through, my sms's get ignored unless i mention baldivis, i have a sms stating "you will get your $250 back along with your missing parts" which im keeping for evidence in the event its needed. i still havent sent the DOCP paperwork in yet been meaning to do that, might wait until someone else sends theirs in at the same time, if it happens

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
get me the paperwork and I drop it off on Monday! Keep your text message somewhere safe!

MUNGEL

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jess
Drive
99 Series II Legnum
hmmm... maybe im just being impatient. I'll wait a little longer. Hopefully i hear from him soon *fingers crossed*

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
You went back? -.-

Jess, you know what was going on... how could you? =(

If you wait a little longer you'll wait forever! Last time I was down at his workshop there was only me, the owner of the workshop and one of his ex-employees he hasn't paid for 8 months!
Ah, not to mention the guy coming past looking for Barry as he owed him $400 for a "sponsorship" for his driftcar ($400 and Barry was going to organise 4x Kumho tyres for that money hahaha)

Shot me a pm if you wanna have a look down to Baldivis ;-)

Top Bottom