Hi-vis dash

Brenton

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brenton
Drive
97 PFL legnum
The dash in my pfl doesn't seem to be as bright as the one in my old fl was. Most noticeable on bright day wearing the same sunglasses, both were hi-vis. Has anyone else noticed a difference between the two? Or have a theory as to why other than the onset of early dementia.

Scradam

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Adam
Drive
Manual Series 2 VR4 Legnum
Just to make sure... have you adjusted the brightness with the little wheel above the ignition?

Brenton

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brenton
Drive
97 PFL legnum
Yeah, I turn it down at night because it's too bright, just doesn't seem to be as brilliant in the bright sunlight, maybe my eyes are just getting old, lol.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Summary: Tint your windows darker or turn up the dimmer switch. :-P

Could always test another cluster and see if it behaves the same...

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
Same here, I noticed the same with my cars.. I'm not sure whether the later year models hi vis cluster were made brighter or if some LEDs are missing / blown in my Legnum. It's still easy to see during the day but noticeably dimmer when the sun is really bright. My FL has no such problem even on bright days.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
I think it would be safe to assume that the FL had a change over with the CCFL that they used

Brenton

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brenton
Drive
97 PFL legnum
I don't think it's a case of blown leds as the light is even throughout the display. although the middle ayc bar sometimes doesn't light on startup, what is CCFL naughtika?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
I don't think it's a case of blown leds as the light is even throughout the display. although the middle ayc bar sometimes doesn't light on startup, what is CCFL naughtika?

our Hi-Vis gauges didn't come with LED's they are CCFL, perhaps they are dusty? CCFL are those cold Cathode Flourescent Lamp

also the 3 AYC bars I cant recall if they are LED's or not

Top Bottom