VR-M hi vis dash part number

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
This car has a 180kmh dash with an 8000rpm redline, it is from a VR-M which is a model sold in south east asia that has the 200hp 2.0 V6 mivec from an FTO.
http://www.thhk.com/uploadphoto/20090718IMG_1585.JPG
The chassis will be EA4A (2wd, 2.0 v6, Galant)
Can someone have a look in ASA and find out what the part code is for the dash? I'd do it normally but I don't have ASA installed at the moment. You may need to use the General Export database, I don't think the Jap one will work.

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Yep, not in JDM database

more than one way to skin this cat though.

Why do you throw the curliest ones consistantly Brad???

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Someone on cvr4 got it for me anyway thanks :) Ahh well, you'll now have another database to play with :D

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Grrr, Impatient bastard, but it doesn't come up as a whole speedo its all in seperate listings.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
I've been told it is this MR356824

You are indeed correct about not being able to find one big unit, you just need to find the picture showing the flat printed part of the gauges.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Can I just ask why you would even want that Brad? Wouldn't it just be easier to source a VR4 one?

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Ah, 8000RPM REDLINE not just an 8000RPM tacho.... Duh lol

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
I reckon.. this would work.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

R0011813.JPG

R0011810.JPG

too bad its only got 4 speed.. but I guess you can move the stuff into your original cluster.. right?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Christian, yes those covers exist and are easy to buy here, but I want high vis!

ohh and lol at the sig :)

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
See, now THERE's a guy who knows how to quote his sig properly!! >.<

What do you want that dash for again Brad? Your VR4 won't rev that high - you want to upgrade the ST-R?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Long term goal is a combo of 6A12 Mivec + 6A13. Aiming for around 170kw from it.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
I figure that if the 2.0L gets 147kw then using the same cams but with 2.5L displacement should see me around the 160-175kw region.

The stock ST-R only makes 130kw at 5500rpm which is frankly disappointing. It's cam specs are incredibly weak, even the valves are smaller on the 6A13 SOHC than on the 6A12 Mivec!

I've included a little spreadsheet including the little 4G92 Mivec too. Rename from .txt to .xlsx

Attachments

• 6a12 vs 6a13.txt
    11.5 KB · Views: 6
Top Bottom