Johnny_k

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Johnny
Drive
97 COTY Legnum & 09 Astra
Hey guys.

How long will a Legnum last.

Average user, serviced when required. Flogged now and then.. Just ur average usage.

For example.. A 3b engine in a landcruiser will go for 300,000 KM usually without an issue.

Whats the life of a Leggy like??

Incase this has been posted.. Sorry.. I cant always find what im looking for in the forum with the forums search tool... Just doesn't work well for me..

Maybe i cant think of the right terminology.. Just seen a few people get drilled for questions asked that have been answered.

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
There are a fair few well over 200,000 so well serviced last aggggggggges

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
King_Panther/Brad did over 260 thou and I'm pretty sure it's still going strong.

Johnny_k

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Johnny
Drive
Dunno where it fits or can't find the answer? Post it here.
To me mate that link appears to be the "Official too lazy to search/fat prick/stupid questions thread. All stupid questions to be asked here" <- Correct me if im wrong??

I dont believe;
1/ its a stupid question
2/ that im a fat prick!

and I have searched the forum...

I believe a fresh post under general VR4 Discussions was the correct place for it.. Hence - I posted it there..

However, your post

"King_Panther/Brad did over 260 thou and I'm pretty sure it's still going strong." is the kind of info i was looking for... thanks

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Don't take it personally man, we all post questions in there, myself included. It's just the "catch all" thread for questions that don't fit elsewhere. It just happens to have a title unfit for those who are easily offended! Maybe it should get changed to something a little more acceptable for those among us not numbed by the debauchery of the internets.

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
To me mate that link appears to be the "Official too lazy to search/fat prick/stupid questions thread. All stupid questions to be asked here" <- Correct me if im wrong??

I dont believe;
1/ its a stupid question
2/ that im a fat prick!

Haha! Don't be put off by the thread title, many useful and warranted questions have been asked in that thread. It's just an attempt at keeping the forums cleaner by avoiding new threads for every question I guess.

Also regarding the lifespan I'd guess that increased boost would have a big role to play in the life of the turbos and probably the engine.

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Yeah, seriously dude, no offence intended eh. Just trying to help out.

sn00ze

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
zach
Drive
N15DET
Mine has 204,000 km original everything, turbos, engine etc. Burns no oil no noises or creaks and groans. Imo vr4's are the pajero of the 4wd world, underrated but they're actually a pretty heavy duty piece of kit. 4 bolt main bearings in the good ol' 6a13...... When looked after they will go forever

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
talk to christian [naughtika] his galant is over 200,000.

keep it serviced regularly, treat it with respect, timing belt every 100,000 to be safe, lifters if need be and it should last forever.

be stupid with it and you start to walk a dark path

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
The longevity of a car is directly proportional to the amount you're prepared to spend on it. Unless it's a Celsior, in which case the answer to the longevity question is "forever, unless you're ygoslo's idiot mate".

Johnny_k

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Johnny
Drive
LOL, all good.. and thanks to everyone else for their responses.

Top Bottom