How so I install splits with crossovers?

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
I'm a total n00b with speakers and electricity and stuff.

Which wires do I connect to the "in" bit on the crossover?

I did search...

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
The car had standard speakers, so do I just cut the plugs from the stock speaker wires and connect those wires directly into the crossover? The thing that threw me is that there's 4 wires that go into that plug but only 2 spots in the crossover.

Not using an amp, if that makes any difference.

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
ok. ther are four wires. Our speakers with splits system have very simplr design where from the deck, one goes in to the big speakdr then it is conected in parrallel to the tweeter. that means two wires are going in and two comming out. If you look at the tweeter, there is a small resister attatched to it. it filters the lower frequency.

So, this is what you do.
Best way is to find the pair that is connected to the tweeter by voltmeter and remove it.. If you can not do that..
The four wires are probably colour co-ordinated. Pair them right (same colour code) them both to the "in" of the cross over. Remove the original tweeter wire and just dont use it. Re wire the tweeter with a new wire from the cross-over box. then wire the "mid range" speaker from the cross over box.

P.S many of us here have broke the tweeter cover clip. so be carefull~

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Hahaha Tim..... For a man who loves music so much, i knew that the audio bug would bite you! How much better is it being able to hear the full depth of the music your listening to! :D

w00t!

Top Bottom