How would you guys rate MagnaTec oil?

sexspecvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
ADAM
Drive
GALANT VR4
DID AN OIL CHANGE WITH MAGNATEC AND ITS DAMM GOOD GUYES I RECOMMEND IT. NO TICKING AND STICKS TO EVERYTHING!!!!!

WAT DO YA THINK

G

Unregistered
I think you need to press the button to the left of the "A" key, that reads "Caps Lock".

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
What grade oil is it? Quite often an oil change will cure it, only to have the ticking come back in a few thousand km's

sexspecvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
ADAM
Drive
GALANT VR4
yeah but the more oil u have sticking up the top end the better i think! 10 40 grade

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Its shit... it's been in my car for ~1,000 kms from when the compliance shop put it in. began to tick on startup now (1-2 sec) so I dont rate it at all.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
^The compliance shop put in Magnatec 10W/40 so that's what's in the car now (only had it a month). I will probably be going either Amsoil or Motul in the next few weeks.

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
I wouldnt use magnatec in a turbo car, its ok in small engines like 1.8 corolla engines that are used daily and not thrashed. but not in a high performance motor. It is also a synthetic blend not a full synthetic oil and i beleive it is about 9-14% synthetic base the remaining being mineral.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
I used to use magnatec in my TR magna. But I wouldn't use it in these motors. I've been using what Meek Automotive recommended which is Elf 10w50 if I remember rightly. I'd have to check the bottle to make sure tho.

Fred

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Fred
Drive
1998 Legnum VR-4 & 1999 Legnum VR-4 w. Recaros
One word...RUN...it has a high ash level due to the polymer additives that "supposidly" make it cling to internal surfaces, thus getting contaminated far quicker that synhetic oil, and sludging up your engine...

Subaru ETA

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David
Drive
97 Galant VR-4 M/T
well i have use mtec 10w30 in my car ever since i have owned it (2 and abit years) and in my old legnum and i have NEVER had a tappet noise. so i stand by it

G

Unregistered
Magna tec is a waste of time in a mostly alloy engin as the "magnetic" stuff cant stick to a alloy component so all alloy parts wont be protected anyway. And its not that good in the way of life time. IMO but that may not hold much weight. LOL

Oh and I have seen 3 different diesel engines need full rebuilds (25k+) because of the castrol oil turning to jelly so that may have tainted my view on all castrol oils.

G

Unregistered
I think the Virgin Olive Oil has some merits, but where I live there isn't many virgins around!!!

I always run full synhetic oil, 10w-50 is a good call.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
hehe on a serious note..

FULL SYNTH ONLY.. preferably viscosities between 0w30 and 10w30

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I think you mean AREN'T many virgins around...

Chris are you having a Jason moment or something? *scratches head*

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
wasn't me who posted.. as usual.. hehe.. at least that adds to another count to my posts.. LOL

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Seriously dude, I'm gonna lock your account for administrator approval for every post one day... :banghead:

Top Bottom