QLD "How'sit?" From Rocky

REI600

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ian
Drive
1998 Legnum VR4 5 spd Manual
1996 Mazda Proceed 4x4
Project - Datsun 1600 Turbo rotary conv.
Hey Guys,

As well as being new to this thread (first post), i am new to owning a EC5W as well. Only bought it and drove it home yesterday.

First impressions -- Love it!!

Being as it is not a showroom aged car or conditioned, I'm sure i will be able to find some helpful info amongst various threads on here to sort out and source solutions to what ails me.

Anyway, Just thought I'd drop a line and say, "Hi!"

Previous cars include -- 03 Evo 8, '72 Mazda 808 rotary and a '96 Mazda Proceed (Jap bred b2600)

My plans for the Leggy are to use her as a daily and eventual tow car if needed.

So i will leave it at that and i will get in touch with a number of you on this site over time i guess.

PEACE OUT!!

REI600

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ian
Drive
1996 Mazda Proceed 4x4
Hey, Thanks :)

Pictures ahoy!

As for it's level of work..?? I am not too sure yet. It has Tiens all round and some wheels but, that is all that i know about so far. The more i get to know the car, the more I'll know whats been done :) Early days!

As for my plans for it. I know that they're held back A LOT but the standard tuning so, i'll open that up a bit down the track and get it all running how it was intended when they thought these bad girls up :) I'm not looking to break records with her. Just drive her how she's meant to be driven when i get the chance.

Being a used car, she has some "issues" which i will pick your brains about as i go (AYC light on in dash, MAF sensor being dumb (dropping revs at start-up)).

20150510_104544.jpg

20150510_104656.jpg

20150510_104555.jpg

20150510_160341.jpg

20150510_160353.jpg

This should make the photos more visible now.

GMan

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jet
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Welcome, mate!!! Hope all the issues turn out to be minor ones :)

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Welcome, I can't view the photos for some reason, not showing up.

FYI, These cars are not tow cars for a lot of reasons, especially if automatic.

REI600

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ian
Drive
1996 Mazda Proceed 4x4
fixed up the photo issues i think... moved some photos into an album but didnt change the links.

As for towing.. why generally considered no good for towing? Mine is a manual so... less no good :D

Thanks guys for the welcome :)

As for the wheels -- you wanna buy 'em? LoL They're too wide for RWC. Going to swap them out with a set of Enkei RPF1s if i can can a set.
enkei_rpf1_black.jpg

18 x 8/8.5 with around 30 to 35 off i think.. should work a treat. Get rid of the bloody spacer if its there. (i think that is the right offset). Good set of federal brand shoes wont go astray :)

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
My understanding of towing was there is difficulty attaching towbar to the chassis with sufficient strength.
Also higher revving engines would need to work quite hard on the freeway. At 1800kgs I would expect it to be never off boost.
These loads are murder on an auto box, even if it has a cooler.

But jungle has obviously tried it, so I guess I am just speculating.
Always take actual experience over speculation on the internet...

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit

whats_doing

QLD Events Manager
First Name
Sam
Drive
98 PFL Black Legnum - SOLD
MY15 Hyosung GT650R
Manual, moon roof, woodgrain and beige leather. Welcome to the club. :)

Bradleh

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Bradley
Drive
1997 Super Leggy
wow, usually cars come in either leather or cloth and doesn't really change the aesthetics of the interior all that much, but in the legnum/galants case it looks like a completely different car from the inside 0.o

REI600

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ian
Drive
1996 Mazda Proceed 4x4
Yeah, I saw the leather interior and I thought it'd be all soft and non-huggy. I was pleasantly surprised how nice and firm they were.

I have seen the fabric interior and, honestly, I like the leather more :) Certainly a different look interior than what I am used to.

My main issue that I have to fix (on the car at least....) is the wheels. They're too wide so I will have to study that fitment thread and get something that will fit inside a bit better than what is on there now.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Bradleh

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Bradley
Drive
1997 Super Leggy
yeah, those seats look like they have pretty decent support.. i have racing seats in mine, i cant even have shit in my pockets cos i wont fit <<<<< fat-ass

REI600

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ian
Drive
1996 Mazda Proceed 4x4
This is probably a dumb question for a lot of you guys but, what the hell is FL and PFL Legnum??

I think that it means Face Lift/Pre-Face Lift??.... What are the differences though??

'98 seems to be when the two crossed paths so... mine is on the cusp, be interested to know which mine is for wheel fitment more than anything else.

Bradleh

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Bradley
Drive
1997 Super Leggy
i would also like to know this... ima noob aswell... there is alot of info about them on wiki so ill start there

REI600

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ian
Drive
1996 Mazda Proceed 4x4
Thanks HEAPS Christian. Appreciate it. Seems I have the PFL Legnum. I am ok with that (^_^)

Now to source some wheels that will look HELLA SWEET on it!!

REI600

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ian
Drive
1996 Mazda Proceed 4x4
Hey, From Rockhampton Mate :)

Top Bottom