I Have a Problem with my breaks..can anyone help?

dvs_Pom

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Wayne
Drive
Mistier Blue S1 Legnum Vr4
icon1.gif
hey i bought my legnum vr4 with an evo 6 brembo break upgrade with rda 300mm slotted rotors at the front and standard brembo pads and it squeels like f..k...Can any 1 give me suggestions of how to get it sorted...i've already been through 4 sets of different pads and 2 sets of rotors trying to fix it but as of yet iv'e had no luck:wanker:
Any help would realy be appreciated cheers

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
icon1.gif
hey i bought my legnum vr4 with an evo 6 brembo break upgrade with rda 300mm slotted rotors at the front and standard brembo pads and it squeels like f..k...Can any 1 give me suggestions of how to get it sorted...i've already been through 4 sets of different pads and 2 sets of rotors trying to fix it but as of yet iv'e had no luck:wanker:
Any help would realy be appreciated cheers

Don't know if anyone on here can help you with your breaks, that's more a question you should post on a DJ-ing forum.

Maybe someone on here though could help you with your brakes problem :D

G

Unregistered
Do you have any shims on the pads? And it's best to use copper grease between the pad and the shim too.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Wayne, I just found a second copy of this thread in the off-topic forum, so I've deleted it. In future ensure you're posting in the correct section of the forums and please refrain from posting the same thing in multiple areas or ALL of them will be deleted :banghead:

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
What esemte said up there ^^^ Copper grease and anti squeal shims.

I never had squealing with either of my sets of stock rotors and pads. Now that I have gone to race oriented Carbotech pads they squeal like mad, people look and stare from a hundred metres away and it is the worst piecing squeal ever. BUT the car slows down from 240 to 30kmh over and over again, I couldn't get them to fade.

Typically the more race oriented the pad is the more squealing you will get. What pads have you tried so far?

G

Unregistered
Mine do it too but usally only if they get a bit hot. Mine are Hawk HPS High Performance Street (Ferro Carbon) pads with DBA rotors.
But after a while they just don't do it as much, I know the squeal noise all too well. But seems to have gone mostly.

Mine have the original evo shims as well as metalic paste and also my pads have all been chamfered on all the edges. Were done on a grinding wheel.

Its just the price for having good evo brakes and pads.

So how many sets of pads and rotors do you have for sale then haha?

G

Unregistered
What Stephen said grease and shims or you can get a red spray that you can put on the back of the pads between the copper shims and the pads and a small amount on the pad's front and sides. the film will wear off the front the first time you apply the breaks. Also have you followed the bedding in instructions on the packet if there were any?

Other then that get a pro to look at them messing with the breaks can stuff up in a big way. Dont bite off more then you can fix.

edit: the red spray is a anti break squeal from fuchs (spelling) available from most sprints auto parts or repco.

Top Bottom