I think my gearbox finally died

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
i also have to say how much i love my manual and enjoy driving it every day......

just in case you needed more people saying how much they love their manuals :)

G

Unregistered
just the shaft thats sticking out of it in that pic.
and one the drive shafts is a diff length, but i forget which

DVR

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Danny
Drive
Delica mainly
just the shaft thats sticking out of it in that pic.
and one the drive shafts is a diff length, but i forget which

So the transfer box is the same for both auto and manual except for that shaft through the centre? Are they interchangable?

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
Is there a guide anywhere on CVR4? I might take a few pics and notes as i go.

DVR

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Danny
Drive
Delica mainly
What I meant to ask was about the shafts in the transfer box? Is the manual one different to the auto as Gly said?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
The current word on the street is that the small straight shaft sticking out of the transfer box in that pic is the different part.

swift5_8

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tomas
Drive
Current: Legnum, Datsun 260z x 3
Past: 180sx, gti-r sold R32 GTS4, 1972 Restored Celica
That sucks Scott – I love your car and in manual it will be so much closer to perfect combination - Go for it Scott
My manual sincros are feeling funny on the change from 4th to 5th but I still love it and if gets worse ill fix it – my point is I love my car and the manual gear box just makes it so much sweeter.
PS anyone got an idea on how much I could get an AYC as mine has been making funny random noises on hard left turns, I can live with it as I don’t give it a squirt that often but I would love to make Mechanically A1
Next visit to Evo Autos will be repairing the sincros issue and hopefully get rid of that AYC random noise.

G

Unregistered
Scott, I'll happily take your old auto box off your hands if you like.. free of charge!

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Scott, I'll happily take your old auto box off your hands if you like.. free of charge!

Oh come on, he could get $20-30 at a scrap metal yard! I sold a perfectly good S13 auto mission for $20 to the local scrap metal place once. It felt good, sending it off to its grave. Hateful thing that it was.

Good luck with the manual conversion!

G

Unregistered
Oh come on, he could get $20-30 at a scrap metal yard! I sold a perfectly good S13 auto mission for $20 to the local scrap metal place once. It felt good, sending it off to its grave. Hateful thing that it was.

Good luck with the manual conversion!

I expect this is to carry on with the work of making our auto boxes more reliable as he is already doing . It is up to Scott what he does with the box.

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
Haha, hmm well.. I have stripped all the auto gear out of my car and that's about it.. Been sitting there for 5 or so months with nothing done to it at all. I scored a work car and lost all motorvation to do anything with it.

I moved the donor car to another location last night an am in the process of booking in people and bits to help me so hopefully i will have some more progress soon. Wash meet last week and giving the donor car a good belting has given me the kick in the arse i needed (i hope).

Top Bottom