Indicator signalling when engine starts

G

Unregistered
Hi all,

Just a quick question.
Ive had this problem before and got it fixed but cant remember what the problem was initially (im pretty sure it was something simple...).
Lately when i start the engine the indicators flick on and off twice (obviously without me doing it myself). Everything seems to be working fine though.

Can anyone give any advice why this is happening?

Cheers,

Pete

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Its the only thing that i can think of that has any direct relation between starting the car and your indicators.

Someone on here will know if there another reason i'm sure, they're pretty gun at all this sort of stuff haha

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
It definitely sounds like your immobiliser or aftermarket alarm system to me too. Might be worth giving a call to whomever installed it? They usually have at least 12 months warranty on parts (and while they'll have some limitation on install, the law doesn't - if they installed it incorrectly you can ALWAYS get them to fix it. Not that I'm suggesting they screwed it up - it's rather difficult for any experienced installer to bugger that up, unless they failed to insulate wires or something equally idiotic).

G

Unregistered
Cool thanks.

I know ive had it before...couldnt remember if it was when a bulb was out or something like that...All seems to be working fine though.

Ive had the car for years, so outside of warranty. Its not a major though.

Thanks for the help.

Top Bottom