Installing an oil cooler

Bennoz

Petrol Sniffer
First Name
Ben
Drive
Mitsubishi FTO
Hey guys, I did a search but didn't come up with much.

Im putting in a 13 row oil cooler, I've got a filter sandwich plate to run one line off into the cooler, but am wondering where the best spot on the block is to run the line into from the cooler? Is there an unused threaded hole somewhere on the right hand side of the block?

gumstick

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Peter
Drive
'97 Type S Legnum and 180SX
Is your filter sandwich plat for an oil cooler or for guage senders? They are quite different.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
There isn't one, most people just use both sides of the sandwich plate

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Ben, do you have a link to the unit your trying to install or some sort of info sheet you can upload? Even a photo of the thing so we can see what your trying to work with.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
oilRelocationAndCooling.jpg

OilCooler_Layout.gif

link to above image, its a .gif therefore crap

BlitzOilCoolerRS.jpg

you can also buy sandwish plates with 4 fittings, allowing installation of oil cooler and oil temp sender gauges

Bennoz

Petrol Sniffer
First Name
Ben
Drive
Mitsubishi FTO
unclepaulie said:

Yep, thats sorta what I got guys. But by the looks of it, this is a straight through type. Good for gauges, but no good for oil cooler :(

dsc00395vk.jpg

*Goes back to Auto One*

Bennoz

Petrol Sniffer
First Name
Ben
Drive
Mitsubishi FTO
Oh & that means the above sandwich plate is for sale lol. Bought it about 3 years ago in a group buy & never used it. Make an offer lol.

gumstick

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Peter
Drive
'97 Type S Legnum and 180SX
Most of the sandwich plates have additional ports for guage senders. Try somewhere like Just Jap or Motor Sport Connections (www.mscn.com.au) for a suitable sandwich plate if you want a generic one. You might be able to get one from one of the sponsors here perhaps?

Any oil filter relocator that suits the engine will work. Just need to add the cooler in line.

Top Bottom