Installing turbo timer on vr4

tiiimmyz

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Tim
Drive
1996 Galant VR-4
Recently bought GReddy full auto timer and want to know if anyone on here installed or see anyone installed one and how hard is it to install?

Cheers :)

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
I've got one installed in mine, many will tell you that they're unnecessary for a VR4 though.

tiiimmyz

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Tim
Drive
1996 Galant VR-4
I've got one installed in mine, many will tell you that they're unnecessary for a VR4 though.
Yeah I got told I don't need it but I am sik of sitting in car waiting for like 1-3mins till I shut down the engine. My next door neighbor starting to think I am up to no good lol.

Anyway, is installing easy? Because I saw in diagram showing how we have to wire to ecu and stuff.

Lasiorhinus

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Stephen
Drive
White FL Legnum
Just turn the car off. The turbos are water-cooled, not air-cooled. As long as you don't drive up your driveway on full boost, you won't hurt the car by turning it off as soon as you park.

mcs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1997 Galant VR-4
As explained our turbo's will never really hit the temps required to cool them down too much, and also mentioned in some other posts just drive less enthusiastically prior to arriving at your destination.

Cheers Mark.

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
My Evo came with one as well but I don't use it...last 2-3 mins before I reach my destination I just drive a bit slower.

Just my 2c but spend yr money on something else...

tiiimmyz

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Tim
Drive
1996 Galant VR-4
My Evo came with one as well but I don't use it...last 2-3 mins before I reach my destination I just drive a bit slower.

Just my 2c but spend yr money on something else...
Thanks man, It was a gift card from my work, and it can be only use for electrical stuff and couldn't think of other so I just bought a timer lol.

tiiimmyz

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Tim
Drive
1996 Galant VR-4
As explained our turbo's will never really hit the temps required to cool them down too much, and also mentioned in some other posts just drive less enthusiastically prior to arriving at your destination.

Cheers Mark.
Thank you mark :)

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
i have 1 in my car, i have it set for 50secs.... its just peace of mind for me... just gives that bit of extra time for any heat soak to stabilize before shutting down.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Did you check if your alarm / imobiliser doesn't already have the function as a built-in option?

tiiimmyz

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Tim
Drive
1996 Galant VR-4
Did you check if your alarm / imobiliser doesn't already have the function as a built-in option?
Not that I know of, the car is standard. No alarm cept for the factory central locking thingy.

Top Bottom