Insurance question

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Insurance companies must change policy a fair bit.

I'm with lumley special vechiles... I was paying $1200/year for comp... which isn't fantastic but I could pay 1/4erly and they had good service.... now they don't seem to insure anything but classic weekender vechiles and they will only insure daily drives as 2nd cars. Which makes me wonder if I told them my car was a weekender or something.. I can't remember.

I also just received a letter for renewal... which was $680 for the whole year 2010 > 2011. My insurance dropped 50% after a year or maybe 2. Pretty damn awesome no?

Anyhow, worth giving lumely a call regardless I'd say. See what they say. They are under written by wesfarmers.. *Shrug*

G

Unregistered
LSV haven't made a profit in the last 5yrs. They severely undercut the competition on their premiums, then are unable to bounce back and make enough profit on it without doubling the premium. It's very unusual for them to drop the price upon renewal time.

A lot of companies these days will allow various payment options, both JCI and Shannons do monthly/quarterly/half yearly etc debit options.

G

Unregistered
JCI...

Which is why what Shambam is saying doesnt make much sense... Unless from when he got his insurance they have changed the policy.
i'm 21 now and have been driving hotted up cars since I was 17 and have been insured with JCI from word go.
the only other thing i can put it down to is his driving/claims history or if the car is ridiculously modified.
*shrug*

Milamber

Crunching Gears
First Name
Zach
Drive
POS
i'm 21 now and have been driving hotted up cars since I was 17 and have been insured with JCI from word go.
the only other thing i can put it down to is his driving/claims history or if the car is ridiculously modified.
*shrug*

Bah fuck it... Ill be fine when i get my Galant...

I was just a bit thrown when i read on his policy thing that if the car was driven by anyone under 25 the policy would be void... I mean FFS its only a silvia... my ride on lawn mower has more power then that thing even with its turbo =P

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
The other common practice is that some insurers will cover under 25 drivers and riskier cars but there is usually some ridulously high excess if you need to make a claim.

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
My JCI insurance also has a clause that it will not cover drivers under 25.

My brothers JCI insurance also has this clause, however he is under 25.

So if someone other than the named drivers are under 25, then JCI does not cover them.

Lateralus45

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Braithe
Drive
96 Legnum VR4
Shannons was going to do that to me they said that they would insure me but it would only be insured if i was driving (not even others over 25 could drive) i was 22 at the time.

I ended up going with JCI who didn't have an issue insuring me. Only 850 or so too.

G

Unregistered
Shannons was going to do that to me they said that they would insure me but it would only be insured if i was driving (not even others over 25 could drive) i was 22 at the time.

I ended up going with JCI who didn't have an issue insuring me. Only 850 or so too.
People get mixed up and don't hear what the operator tells them.

Shannons have that clause on certain vehicles (VR4's being 1 of them) which is what they call a "restricted driver policy". The only person/people covered to drive that vehicle are the ones actually noted on the policy. Doesn't matter if they are over or under 25, if the person driving is not a nominated driver (apart from mechanics etc as they have to drive to the car to do their job) then they aren't covered.

Milamber

Crunching Gears
First Name
Zach
Drive
POS
Why oh why does insurance have to be so bloody complicated...

G

Unregistered
it's not...really. u just need to be able to think logically.

Top Bottom