Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
I started a thread in the Vic forum about RACV offering such a low market value of $3,900 for a 1998 Legnum http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?11702-RACV-car-insurance

Today I got a quote from NRMA as I'm moving to NSW. Market value is $2,700. Mainly a heads up to those who are using NRMA, while the third party / fire theft cover states up to $10,000 covered - it will be a maximum of the market value which may not be advertised to you when you sign up over the phone.

M0R81U5

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mick
Drive
PFL Legnum
I found this a while back when I moved all our other policies over to NRMA and queried them at great length but they refuse to revisit this value. I spoke to the team that apparently comes up with these mystery numbers but they refuse to change it. I asked them to find me one for that money, that's when they stopped talking to me...

Lasiorhinus

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Stephen
Drive
White FL Legnum
Make sure you explain to them why you're cancelling your policy and getting a refund. If you dont tell them why, they'll just assume you found a better deal elsewhere.

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Previous: Black PFL Legnum
Current: TD5 Land Rover Disco
when i signed my policy last year(around Feb) market value was $12'000?

leggei007

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeff Stewart
Drive
88 Astra turbo n 2012 Holden Cruze diesel hatch
I've got mine insured for $16,000 n that's cause I've got vehicle tracking on my baby

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Mine has always been with justcar and will be again, without going into specifics, every modification is insured fir an agreed value and the agreed value for theft is more than any of those listed above. Nrma are useless as I just discovered and justcar reduced my premium by 400 from last year so I'm a happy chappy. Just got to remember to pay it tomorrow....

Danners

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
99 Galant VR4 Series 2
+1 for Shannons. Have my house with them as well... enthusiasts cover for free for all of my tools!

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Ah yes forgot about them, ill give them a call....

M0R81U5

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mick
Drive
PFL Legnum
I had everything with Shannons (my car, wife's car, house, the lot) but after claiming with them after my wife's car got written off by a bus, they left a sour taste in my mouth. I've left my car with them only because no one else will insure it for the same value

Sent from the past using papyrus and a stick

Tappara

Crunching Gears
First Name
H
Drive
2002 Legnum VR-4 TT
My Magna CTP is at NRMA. Price went up from ~500 to ~700 last Dec. Called them and asked for an explanation. Apparently there was no evidence that Magna has Comp Ins anywhere, hence the price hike. Ahh, really?? CTP has been with them from 2002 and always had Comp Ins. Nice try! So, be very careful and always check all options.

Also, NRMA wanted to get me "back with them" for Comp. I had a vry grin on my face and said, ok let's see. When it came to Agreed Value, she said it's 2800$. I laughed and said it would just cover the ECU, AFR instruments and tuning. Apparently NRMA doesn't recognize modded (I prefer Safety and Economy Improved - not all mods are positive) vehicles. So, it stays with JustCar for 6G$.

Tappara

Crunching Gears
First Name
H
Drive
2002 Legnum VR-4 TT
Ah, and Leggy is with Shannons for 12+G. Will check with JC when renewal is due in May

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
I got quoted $8800 to insure my VR4 when I first got that.

Also using that iselect website to find a new insurer for my STI I got quoted $12k.

Cheering.

I was insured by AiInsurance for $2k last year, but their policy changed and they don't insure under 25 with performance cars anymore. So from 29th Jan I'll have no insurance. So I'm going to JustCar for 1 month, then trying Shannons after my 25th Birthday in February.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
My Super is with Shannons & I've had no problems dealing with them, but I've had no incidents either.

Was a bit of a conversation explaining that my Super was stock, but had all these extras from the factory..

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
Some insurers allow you to go with agreed value, rather than market value.

For example, Shannons have my car insured for $18k agreed value.

Now someone go and steal it ...

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
Shannons dont do business vehicles so mine is back with justcar....

Top Bottom