Intake And BOVs

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
David, that's weird.. I used an ebay flange.. but the circlip was included with the HKS unit..

I'm not sure if you noticed, but the circlip had a flat surface on one side and curved on the other.. i hope that the flat side was facing the flange..

just a thought...

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
no i didn't notice the difference. I think the flange is ok, i've just checked it and the bit where the clip goes in is perfect level so i'm guessing i failed at installation. Hopefully i can find a new clip and rubber ring as they are lost on the road somewhere

jnaralee

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Jack
Drive
99 Silver Galant Type V
I talked to the jasracing guy from the evo oz forums and I ordered the evo metal BOV off him for $190 delivered. Great to deal with. His name is Allan and he told me he can supply most Mitsi parts cheaper than other traders. His number is 0413829168.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
I think I spoke too soon. My SSVQ seems to have developed a problem. It doesn't seem to be opening fully and sort of sounds like its struggling to open. It was fine last night but it's not now. Anyone have any ideas?

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
idea 1: take off the outer covering (4 allen bolt)

idea 2: check vaccum line for clogs

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
Ive taken the outer covering off and the back covering, diaphragm looks good and the pistons move. I blew into the line that connects to the intake plenum from the BOV and it didn't seem clogged. I wouldn't think it would be a problem with the hoses as its been on there for a while now and only started to have problems today. So could there be a problem with the size or thickness of the vacuum hose i used?

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
Oddly its fixed its self but the guy offered to replace it so ill do that. Cheers for the help guys.

Hey Paul, how did you go with that recirc piece? can you still hear it and how does she feel now with it recirculating?

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
cant hear it now unfortunaltly, similar to the stocko bov, but it drives and feels so differnt. pulls harder and smoother then before.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
Hmmm, thats interesting, I think one of the pistons was sticking and it seemed to accelerate harder when only the smaller piston was opening. However I could just be on crack ;)

G

Unregistered
a guy at my work has a verada 97, the cold air intake is double the size of legnum, yet it still seem to use the same air box thats in our cars, has anyone looked into this or fitted one to their car??

cheers gareth

Top Bottom