Intake And BOVs

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Yeah thats what I thought, thats why I was going to plumb it back, But if it doesn't run rough Ill probably just keep it as VTA.

Well Dawso dose she run rough at all?

Those recirculation pieces arnt cheap are they, Paul where did you get yours from for how much? It might be cheaper for me to give the metal fabricators at work the measurements and a couple of six packs.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
SSQV doesn't have spring tension adjustment since its dual chamber... I believe the racing spec one does have it though..

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
SSQV doesn't have spring tension adjustment since its dual chamber... I believe the racing spec one does have it though..
Does that mean it will sort itself out regarding best release points etc?

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
Yeah thats what I thought, thats why I was going to plumb it back, But if it doesn't run rough Ill probably just keep it as VTA.

Well Dawso dose she run rough at all?

Those recirculation pieces arnt cheap are they, Paul where did you get yours from for how much? It might be cheaper for me to give the metal fabricators at work the measurements and a couple of six packs.

mine cost me like 50bucks for a HKS one back when the dollar was terrible, but there about 25bucks now

consistering the tolerences and the quality, i reckon just buy one. i posted a link at the top of this page

with my current VTA steup of my ssq, it wants to stall a bit if u 'clutch in' at high revs cause itll drop and drop and drop till it stalls , but its easy to catch the revs by shifting or clutch out. ive only had mine stall twice, both while stepping heavy on the anchors in carparks

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
mine cost me like 50bucks for a HKS one back when the dollar was terrible, but there about 25bucks now

consistering the tolerences and the quality, i reckon just buy one. i posted a link at the top of this page

with my current VTA steup of my ssq, it wants to stall a bit if u 'clutch in' at high revs cause itll drop and drop and drop till it stalls , but its easy to catch the revs by shifting or clutch out. ive only had mine stall twice, both while stepping heavy on the anchors in carparks
And what exactly is the main advantage? If there is no particular difference in fuel consumption and no dramas with stalling/bad idle, what purpose does the recirc serve?

EDIT: Haha now don't I look silly quoting that... The last passage wasn't there when I clicked the quote button :(

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Like Chris said, no tensioner. Mine has never stalled or ran rough either :D

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
I think you'll find that this is to do with the design of the valve chambers. Have a read on the HKS website about it :)

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
Is that more of an anomaly though? Or are you running a piggyback ECU or anything?

no anomalies.. mine and Dawso's cars are special :D

but seriously.. dunno why its doing it on unclepaulie's car.. could be possible reasons why..

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
mine runs like a dream only sometimes on full boost when it dumps (in neutral or clutch in) it has a tendency to stall. but usually it happens when i shifting gears so i dont notice it.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive

Saw that and the price for the part is alright, but $50 postage is a bit rich. The part ends up costing $75 o_O for a little piece of piping, Don't suppose you could post up the exact measurements and chamfers etc of your one or PM if you want.

I think ill see how it goes first then change it to recirc if I need it.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
ill post up the specs next week, gotta buy a micrometer anyway, might as well buy one earlier

djb160

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Dale
Drive
Legnum VR4 "Grimace"
Nissan Leaf
I know its too late but the SSQ isnt the only "different" sounding BOV. The Greddy Type S is way cooler and less common (every 3rd turbo over here seems to have one).

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
I know its too late but the SSQ isnt the only "different" sounding BOV. The Greddy Type S is way cooler and less common (every 3rd turbo over here seems to have one).

maybe because they're known for the quality? :D

djb160

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Dale
Drive
Legnum VR4 "Grimace"
Nissan Leaf
While that's true(and I believe this is the case) it ruins the effect of having something "different" IMO.

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
Installed my HKS SSQV today all went fine driving around for an hour then a huge bang and dropped the bov off the flange. So my question is how can i source a new circlip and O ring and where is a place to get a better adaptor than the one i bought off ebay? Any ideas

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-M...ries/Performance/Turbos/auction-259127555.htm

Thats the guy who i got mine from, haven't had any problems. good quality flanges, just gotta make sure the cir clip is on right, should be able to get a new cir clip and o ring on Ebay or Trade me. Maybe ask the same guy.

Also just an update on my SSQV, Ive had no problems with stalling or anything like that without recirculating it.

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
Yeah, i looked on ebay but didn't see any

Top Bottom