Interceptor/Miniceptor owners - your map needed

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
whatever maxibons are ??? email sent

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
did you sort out your fuel control?

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
Hey Trev, the problem was, they didn't listen to me on the first day I dropped the car off when I told them the car is listed as a Galant VR-4 6A13TT on the Interceptor compatibility list.
The dude at JEM said to me "yeah, yeah, don't worry, we won't get confused".
Four days later, they claimed that they couldn't get ignition and timing working then after I took the car to Haltech and had the software updated, again they told me "bad news mate, ignition is fixed but now we can't control fuel". I thought to myself, hang on... I bet you they didn't listen to me and have got no idea it's on the compatible list...

So I called and informed them once again that it is listed on the Haltech compatibility list as a Galant VR-4 6A13TT. And the technician said "OH... is it? We were trying to use a map from a 3000GT and an Evo." I was like "nah, it's on the list man."
So they fiddled around more, got it to work and yeah, just waiting for them to tune it.

The dude guarantee'd that the car will be ready for pick up tomorrow.
We'll see...

That's why I haven't updated my build thread yet. I'm waiting until the car is done so I can get the figures up instead of reporting back with bad news and how they haven't tuned it yet etc. etc. :wanker:

But luckily i had some maps sent in from the other OZVR4 members as they were able to use them as a start.

We'll see what happens tomorrow.

But yeah, nothing is wrong with the actual interceptor. It's highly capable! There was just a bit of a misunderstanding.
It's okay though, i aint mad at anyone :)

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
The Interceptor set me back $600 second hand.
For install, tune and install of boost controller and boost solenoid i've been quoted $850.
So all together, $1450.

I'll be pretty happy if they can squeeze 170kw atw out of it.

I'll list all the pricing on my build thread when I update it :)

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
It's okay though, i aint mad at anyone :)
You're a better man than me, Dimi - I'd be freaken furious :banghead:

Glad it's on its way though... Isn't it funny - Dave said last year that 'no Haltech tuner would tune a unit that wasn't bought from an authorised Haltech dealer'. Glad to see he wasn't right on that one ;)

montgomery

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris
Drive
Mazda Familia GTR
Hey Dimi ,
I am just wondering about the tuneability of these interceptors.
Ie , Will they work with aftermarket turbo's , injectors and all that?

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
I think there is info on it somewhere monty. They wont be able to drive injectors bigger than the stock ones or something I believe.

But Mataxx is using one and has 200kw or more with after market turbos?

This is my randomly gleaned info from my reading over the past coueple of months.. :)

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Also can someone email there map to me?

I should have my miniceptor arrive within the month... which is also ~$600 2nd hand.

I'm planning on installing it and the boost solenoid with my own two hands though. I'll try and do a thread to show how 'easy' it is.. hahaah!

ryzo90

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Ryan
Drive
2001 galant vr4
In about to install a interceptor and just assumed it was the my02 magna basemap cause that's the base for vrx, am I correct in thinking that? There is no 6a13tt basemap

Gav

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gav
Drive
Galant
In about to install a interceptor and just assumed it was the my02 magna basemap cause that's the base for vrx, am I correct in thinking that? There is no 6a13tt basemap
Can I ask why you are installing it?over just running the standard ecu

ryzo90

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Ryan
Drive
2001 galant vr4
Can I ask why you are installing it?over just running the standard ecu
Cause at the moment I don't have the cash for tme to work there magic and I got one super cheap to sort the the usual over fueling

Gav

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gav
Drive
Galant
Cause at the moment I don't have the cash for tme to work there magic and I got one super cheap to sort the the usual over fueling
I think you may still need to get that tuned to work properly for your car

Gav

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gav
Drive
Galant
someone mentioned before there is apparently a galant 6a13tt map. But anyone that's either has it done or looked into it hasn't been on the forum since 2013-2014 so I would say there Long gone

ryzo90

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Ryan
Drive
2001 galant vr4
someone mentioned before there is apparently a galant 6a13tt map. But anyone that's either has it done or looked into it hasn't been on the forum since 2013-2014 so I would say there Long gone
Yeah it was a long shot, did notice they're rather old posts. Maybe the Facebook page will shed more light

Top Bottom