ECU (7201 and heltech interceptor)wiring problem-engine wont start

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
Hey everyone

My car is running a haltech interceptor and 7201 ecu. I have an overfuelling issue which has been diagnosed as a problem with the ecu (oxygen sensor is newish). I bought a second hand 7201 which was working fine when it came out of the donor car.

I installed the new ecu today but disconnected the haltech seeing as though it was installed and tuned on the dead ecu-up to 21% of fuel has been cut out in certain parts of the map. so i didnt want to run it with the new ecu.

Basically the car wouldnt fire, turned over fine but it was like there wasnt any fuel. Does anyone know how the interceptors are wired? if the wiring is there but the interceptor itself isnt plugged in would this cause my problem? Im wondering if the fuel or ignition control is run through the interceptor, hence preventing the car from starting while its not plugged in.

cheers for the help

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
In short, yes. The interceptor is just that. It "intercepts" the ECU commands and alters them depending on what is set on the interceptors maps. For the ignition side of things, it's directly wired into the interceptor which changes it or doesn't depending on what its reading at that part of the map.
SO if the interceptor is wired correctly for ignition fuel and boost. The car won't fire as it won't be seeing any ignition signal at all.

Hope that helps?

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
yeh thats exactly what i was after thanks

do you know how i can reset the settings to nothing so that i can run it on the new ecu?

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
If you haven't aready, just log onto the miniceptor and reset all the maps to zero. Very simple to do.

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
yeh i dont have any software. its not an issue, im just gonna swap the ecu in the carpark before it gets a retune and burn some extra fuel till then. cheers guys

Top Bottom