Interior questions - Legnum VR-4 series II seats comfortable?

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
Hey fellas,

Got a question about the stock seats in the Legnum VR-4.
I will be purchasing a series II at the end of the month from Ben at J-Spec and I've test driven one at a dealer close by to me (Paramatta Rd) just so i can see how they drive. All is well but has anyone taken these things on a long drive? How are the seats on long drives? Sore back and bottom or just comfortable? Because they were very comfortable for me but i only test drove it for 10 minutes.

Dimi

3-4.jpg

5.jpg

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
So far the seats have been great... went on a 4 hour drive the other weekend and was fine. Even the wife finds them comfy and we've both got bony butts!!:D

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Dimi,

Like Josh, i too am a country bumpkin.... And its a long way to anywhere from here lol.....

I've done a couple of 500K trips and a 600K trip with no stops and i was fine. I have a 2000 model with leather seats.....

BTW, i have back problems at the best of times, car trips in most cars don't do it too well.

Hope it is all good for you! :D

Dawso

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
600km trip with no rest - that's good enough for me! ;) Lucky you with leather and all

The people have spoken. Sounds like the stock seats are a winner then.

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
I regulary do 6 hour round trips in my Legnum - with the cheap 'n nasty stock standard seats.
They're comfy enough, but more lumber support would be nice.

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
I have no idea.. I can't view photobucket images from work.
Here are my seats;

np - Mine are special, with side airbags built in. Not sure if this makes any difference to the comfort level.

Attachments

• 44df.jpg
    44df.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 1e89.jpg
    1e89.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 33

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Looks like Sydo has series 1 (pre facelift) seats, whereas the ones you posted up top are series 2.

I have series 1 seats and also find the lumbar support a bit lacking. However, I have implemented the same cheap-ass solution I have done in all my cars, which is to fashion a thin custom lumbar cushion (foam or bubble wrap inside a towel!) and pin it to the seat underneath a decent looking aftermarket seat cover. Works fine, costs very little. You just have to put up with Kristian disparaging you lol

It does the trick until I can find some Recaros and the money to pay for them :D

G

Unregistered
I picked mine up in Newcastle and drove all the way back up to Mackay, so around 2000 odd km's. The seats were as comfortable as you could expect for such a long drive. I've had no problems with them.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
They are very comfortable seats, just don't go racing around corners in them for a long period of time, they aren't that good at all!The stock Recaro's and the EVO 6.5 Recaro's I have are great, but perhaps not as comfortable, they don't have as much padding and squeeze on the sides of your back more.

G

Unregistered
i went from melbourne to gold coast in my legnum and the seats where fine, i have Series 1..

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
I've been on a few 5-6 hour drives with the stock PFL seats and they do the job, but they feel like you're sitting on them rather than in them.

There's not enough lumbar support. If you can bolt in your 2nd gen magna seats dimi, you'll be set as they have the most support out of the magnas and actually hug quite nicely.

If you give the VR4 some curry in the corners with the stock non-recaro seats, hold tight to the steering wheel because you'll get thrown around the seat...they do not hold you at all.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
I've got the tan leather seats in my Series 1.

Lovely to sit in for cruising, but head support is pathetic.

Not good for blasting around though. Lots of bum sliding ensues !

G

Unregistered
i find the recaro's quite comfy, even after a 5 hour drive in them...
only issue i find with them though, is because they are so 'hugging' you can get a bit hot, but apart from that, they are fantastic. :)

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
Whoa ultra friendly forum with heaps of good replies!
Yes! I get what you're saying kb when you say sitting on them rather than in them - i felt that too on the test drive that's what made me worry about the comfort on longer drives. LOL hold onto the steering wheel god that's scary :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for the super responses fellas. Really appreciate it. Gives me a good insight to how these seats feel on long drives now

Gooch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bob
Drive
J-Spec Vr-4 1990, 2000 Legnum VR-4 Type S
Suade Recaro's

I love my suade recaro's with the adjustable side supports.

They are that comfy and fit so well I dont even wear clothes anymore when driving.

[URL="
Mylegnum3.jpg

G

Unregistered
if you ever try to sell your car on this forum, i think everyone will be turned of after reading that post.lol

CANDEE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeremy
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
I like my recaro's WAY more than my prefaclift seats.. But that said I like the SR5+ recaro's even more!

Top Bottom