Jasma mufflers. Any good?

Taraska

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Taraska
Drive
Black VR-4!!!!!!
Hi guys. I got just cat converter done (hi flow Magnaflow) and asked the guy about my muffler. He told me it was Jasma one and its very good one. They are used a lot on skylines. He told me that for new one you can pay about $1500?! I dont know if its a true. Does anyone know anything about them? He told me that i got good set up of an exhaust and i wont get any better. I dont know if i should belive him.
Taras

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
my exhaust is jasma approved,but its a fujitsubo system,i thought that jasma was just some japanese thing that exhausts had to comply by,have a look underneath your cannon,mine has a small plate attached to the exhaust that says jasma on it,i dont think its an actual type of exhaust,though you definitly must have a good exhaust and it also meets japanese standards thats where the mechanic got jasma from

Taraska

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Taraska
Drive
Black VR-4!!!!!!
Oh i see....Yeah mate it got jasma plate on it. What kind of cat converter you have got? I guess i will see you tommorow.

my exhaust is jasma approved,but its a fujitsubo system,i thought that jasma was just some japanese thing that exhausts had to comply by,have a look underneath your cannon,mine has a small plate attached to the exhaust that says jasma on it,i dont think its an actual type of exhaust,though you definitly must have a good exhaust and it also meets japanese standards thats where the mechanic got jasma from

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Correct!
icon14.gif

(it stands for Japan Automotive Sports Muffler Association)

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
James, your exhaust is jasma compliant exhaust.. i saw this from your actual muffler..

formanth

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Anthony
Drive
2001 Legnum
"You never, never know".........

Taraska,

I'd probably leave it on, mate..unless it's about to sh*t itself. JASMA just means it complies to a decent standard. Here's my story.....

I just got mine from the docks last week (need to wait 3 weeks 'til I can bring it in for compliance).

Anyway, I decided to give the car a wash (AutoGlyms- good stuff, peoples).
I was curious too, about my muffler, only being able to make out the JASMA plate on it initially. I knew it was an aftermarket job from the pics IronChef sent me, but with years of dust and grime I couldn't make tits or arse of any brand/ special insignia.

Well, low and behold..After some elbow grease, the shiny sheila(the muffler) gives me a sexy wink and proudly proclaims that it's a Fujitsubo Giken. OH! ..bejeezuz and begorrah! That ain't no hokey generic JASMA muffler, mate!!
(maybe I should buy an OZ lotto ticket 4 next week?)

After calming down to let the blood get back to the other head,
I jumped online & 'netted out the rather obscure combination of Fujitsubo Giken...apparently that's the full name for the Fujitsubo company (Fujitsubo Giken Kogyo).

As you know lads, the Fujitsubo Legalis was, and still is, considered a top notch muffler for our cars.
As for the lucky dip that importing can sometimes be (with regards to mods/parts), I now know I've got a decent muffler...oh, and I love the car too- thanks Chef!The battery's still good!...fired her up and been around the block, er.. um... private road...sorry cunstables if yooz are reading this...

*The Japanese homepage shows there are actually 3 types of Legalis to suit VR4 Legnums- the Legalis R,
- the Legalis Evolution
- and the top one, the Legalis SuperR

hmm, I wonder if the CHEF knew about this lil' secret... and just wanted to let me find out the surprise for myself so all my neighbours would hear me swear like a sailor, then grin like a fricken loony...:D

ai Kristian? 'fess up man! CAR'MON! (Leyton style hand muppetry included!)

*gone*...to the nearest lotto agent....;)

G

Unregistered
found all this behind my dash as i was pulling my car apart as usual..
and i scored stickers.lol
jasmapr5.jpg

jasma2oi9.jpg

jasma3pr3.jpg

formanth

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Anthony
Drive
2001 Legnum
Joe, you scored that mucking around behind your dash? Kakimoto racing stickers?
Does that mean..by Japanese standards, that you're a certified hoon? (by virtue of incriminating evidence in your posession ,lol)

I think I might take a closer look inside mine....I'd love to find out my stock ECU's been replaced with a MINES unit with upped boost..:)

Taraska

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Taraska
Drive
Black VR-4!!!!!!
I checked my muffler and it got a metal plate inside of it??!! I dont know if its a silincer or restrictor. You cant remove it. I am a bit pissed of couse i have to get a new muffler now. I was looking at this 2 types.
http://www.xforce.com.au/
http://www.zetti.com/mufflers/mufflers2.html
I think i will go with X force but i want to know if anyone knows anything about them.
I should take some pics of my muffler so you guys can have a look at it.
Taras

P.S. I got quoted $250 fitted.

G

Unregistered
x force are ok a few of the forester guys and the rex guys have them but i think they sound a little tinny.
im not a hoon, just if cops pull me over for the zorst i can tell them its all legal..lol

Taraska

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Taraska
Drive
Black VR-4!!!!!!
I am after not very loud muffler. So i guess this one to go.
Taras

x force are ok a few of the forester guys and the rex guys have them but i think they sound a little tinny.
im not a hoon, just if cops pull me over for the zorst i can tell them its all legal..lol

Top Bottom