Judder Problem

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
But hopefully the extravagant amount of time they're taking means they're doing it right.

Usually when things take an extravagant amount of time it means they have extravagantly ****ed something up :001_unsure:

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
Well just got the car back, turns out that the clutch must have been changed in australia as its an xtreme clutch that was found in the car and it wasnt a new one by the amount of wear on it. So between the time the car entered the country and me buying it someone has bodged the clutch to make it work (but not for very long as i found out).

The person who put this clutch in destroyed the thread that the dummy shaft removal tool hooks onto which meant they couldnt get it out and some of the bolts on the floor pan or something were cross threaded. All making the job take far longer than it should have done.

I ended up paying the grand total of $1000 which isnt bad seeing as they had it for three days trying to do this and i would definately recommend allstar as they seem very switched on.

In terms of the new clutch, im very pleased with it. It makes no noise at all, its firm just how i like it and it seems very capable of taking a bit of stick (still bedding obviously so dont know for sure). Im not fully used to it atm but it would seem you need to keep revs up a bit more than normal to get it going properly but other than that its great.

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
a grand, i take it thats just for fitment yeh? did you end up getting the clutch in the group buy?

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Just for fitment thats right but as i said had all gone to plan it would have been less than that. And no i didnt get it in the group buy but i did get at the discount price of $880 which is still the price atm i believe.

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Had about enough of this atm, after driving it some more i've discovered that it is impossible to change down without double clutching, otherwise a very aggressive vibration throughout the car occurs. Also vibrates a lot when leaving the line, can feel the pedal vibrating when at the biting point with it in neutral and can hear strange noises coming from the diff on upshifts. So im not driving it and will be taking it back on monday cos theres no way it should be doing this.

Shouldnt have spoken so soon as i didnt get a good idea of the clutches behaviour on the first drive home. Oh well, shit happens.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
That sucks Matt, sorry to hear you've had such a headache with it :( Makes me glad I did my own - I found one bolt holding the transfer case onto the diff was cross-threaded on mine, but otherwise it was all pretty straight-forward.

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Yeah dont know what i can do about this problem either cos allstar will just say its a heavy duty clutch and they can be shuddery, so im out of ideas. And i definately cannot afford to pay someone else to attempt to fix the problem, cost me enough already.

Top Bottom