jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Hi Simon,

I'd still be keen for a group buy on the cat even without flanges as I can get a local shop to fit it as you mentioned,

cheers

Lee

Hi Lee,

In that case, its $330 delivered. Now that may sound a lot to some of you but when you see that terrible compliance cats and if you really want your car to breath as well as it can, a good cat and a cat back exhaust is a very good start.
Yes changing the front pipes will also free up hp, but this is a very good start.

I'll take a pic of the cat tomorrow and post it up.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
My SAFC as arrived- will be fitting it this weekend :)

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
SAFC is in, i'm off to Sydney tomorrow to build another engine(nissan), dirving down towing a box trailer, will be interesting to get some figures towing a trailer.

Going to Chiptorque for a power pull tomorrow morning on the way down, thatll help me adjust the SAFC in the area's required.

Have also put on a race cat, be interested to see the power output!

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Still running stock boost Simon?

Yes, and a race cat. Be interested to see what it does, although i'm more interested in AFR's

How's your rocket going Murph??

Murph

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
Legnum/4WD TD Hilux/260Z
Yes, and a race cat. Be interested to see what it does, although i'm more interested in AFR's

How's your rocket going Murph??
Good mate, good. Really enjoying it!

Interestingly, mine felt a bit more lively than yours, something dom also commented on. Found out why as soon as I got the boost gauge in. Where yours runs a solid 0.5bar, mine was spiking to 0.75 or so at 3500 and then again around 6000. Have an EBC in there now and running a consistent 10psi. Makes a fair difference.

Happy to leave it at that until I get a decent exhaust & IC, then get it on the wideband and evodatascan, see what we can make out of it. That's got to wait till I off load a few of the Datsun fleet though. :)

Still love that silver on yours!

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Good mate, good. Really enjoying it!

Interestingly, mine felt a bit more lively than yours, something dom also commented on. Found out why as soon as I got the boost gauge in. Where yours runs a solid 0.5bar, mine was spiking to 0.75 or so at 3500 and then again around 6000. Have an EBC in there now and running a consistent 10psi. Makes a fair difference.

Happy to leave it at that until I get a decent exhaust & IC, then get it on the wideband and evodatascan, see what we can make out of it. That's got to wait till I off load a few of the Datsun fleet though. :)

Still love that silver on yours!

I did notice mine does spike at the same rpm as you mentioned. Have got a bleed valve, just haven't had time to fit it.

Will be getting some front pipes for it maybe in 2 weeks time. My wideband sensor has arrived, will look at setting it up on Saturday, then i can tune the AFC

Murph

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
Legnum/4WD TD Hilux/260Z
Who are you getting to do the front pipes and what's the expected $? I'm also fairly keen on a set.

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
What sort of price was the exhaust looking at?

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
I don't have a price yet until i take it to the guys for a look.
Will be an exhaust shop in Gatton. Any exhaust shop will be able to do it.

Have just seen a mates galant pulled apart, yes an NA but was interesting to see the engine and bits.

Will get a split dump made with 2.5inch until y join the 3 inch to cat.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
NOT HAPPY JAN, someone has "lifted" the centre pop-out from the front bar that covers the front tow point, on Thursday at the Dinmore train station. Obviously they needed it more than me, can't be too many silver Legnum/Galants in that area.
It had 2 screws holding it in so it hasn't fallen out.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Simon, if and when you get the centre piece replaced.. mark it in anyway that you'll be the only one to know about it..

DarkVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Black FL Reganum
dude we were joking about that happening at the car wash meet, have a look at Kevs wagon next time mate, he may have lifted it........he was the one who started talking about stealing one mate!! I will help you bash him........

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
dude we were joking about that happening at the car wash meet, have a look at Kevs wagon next time mate, he may have lifted it........he was the one who started talking about stealing one mate!! I will help you bash him........

That's ok, i know people that know people;) These dude can just make you disappear;)

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Well, i fitted the K&N filter this evening- much quieter than the crappy compliance fliter.
Also fitted a bleed valve and upped the boost to around 10psi, peaks just under
14. Heaps more go now!! Blew and intercooler hose off while getting the setting correct!

Just need to fit my Wide Band O2 sensor and tune the AFC

Top Bottom