Kenneth's ECU Mods V2.0 - Map switching

Kenneth

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Kenneth
Drive
1999 Galant VR-4
Not sure if the powers that be would rather I duplicate the information here.
In the mean time, laziness wins out.

The following link will take you to Club VR-4 (not sure if it is members only) where I have described the map switching and how to set it up (also attached are the files you will need)

There are 8 configurations you can switch between, details here: http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?61071-Kenneth-s-ECU-Mods-V2.0

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
How fantastic. I'm going to Jaycar to look for some suitable switches ;)

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
So can this be used to switch boost maps then? I didn't see it in the list so I'm guessing not, also where exactly would we need to solder in the switch to change the maps?

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Yes you can switch boost.... mine has different fuel, ignition and boost (Partly for testing and mainly as important ocd on this stuff) for every gear plus a low boost and std tune at the flick of a switch.

The possibilities are pretty far reaching when you think about it....

The hard switches just require an earth to specific pins on the ecu. Pretty simple to wire up really.

Kenneth well done!

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
You guys are F-ing legends. When I get that tune Steve, I'll have to get you to include this stuff :p

Earth which wires exactly? So a switch that earths a different wire from the ECU for each boost/tune map?

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Yep 3pins to earth which gives you 8 possible combinations....

and Kenneth is the legend :)

Kenneth

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Kenneth
Drive
1999 Galant VR-4
Does anyone know of a standalone ECU which gives 8 configurations to switch on the fly?

I have to say I am pretty happy with how it all worked out. :)

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
Wow. You seriously are an Effing Leg-end™ mate :D

/me looks forward to having Economy and Wallet Burn™ switches!

jefe

Idling at the Lights
First Name
jan
Drive
Mitsubishi legnum
Hello everyone! I have insufficient privileges to post threads here so i decided to revive this thread because it's likely related to my issue.

I bought a JDM legnum A/T, it has lauch control and CEL on knock. It certainly has not stock rom in ecu. How can i identify what rom that is? I think i need right definition file to edit it properly?

I pulled rom (software/binary, i dont know what you call it here) from my legnum with ecuflash and i'll attach it to here if someone can assist me to identify it.

Attachments

• Muokkaamaton.srf
    128.1 KB · Views: 7

Legnum in America

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Mike
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4 COTY
2022 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
1999 Honda Civic EX
Hello everyone! I have insufficient privileges to post threads here so i decided to revive this thread because it's likely related to my issue.

I bought a JDM legnum A/T, it has lauch control and CEL on knock. It certainly has not stock rom in ecu. How can i identify what rom that is? I think i need right definition file to edit it properly?

I pulled rom (software/binary, i dont know what you call it here) from my legnum with ecuflash and i'll attach it to here if someone can assist me to identify it.
Capture.PNG

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
The rom appears to be a KSmods rom. (EMKS11)

Definitions are on this forum, but youll need some extra steps for ecuflash to pick up the correct xml.

Will post up details shortly when I'm back at my PC.

Top Bottom