Keyless Entry Keys...

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I haven't, but it's easy enough to do.

Why don't you just buy a new key? They're only about $120 plus shipping from Japanaland :)

Or you could fix your existing key if you're handy with a soldering iron.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
^Thought about trying to fix the key, but i dont know if its JUST the button.. the battery had 3V still, but depressing the rubber did nothing, as it seems the switch has seized in the down position... this would indicate my doors should be constantly locking and unlocking but they arent - so I figure the key is caput.

whiteleg

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
98 Legnum
Hi Lee
I have used an after maket receiver in my Legnum. Just bought a keyless system on Ebay (about $70) I got all the actuators but you don't need them as they are already in your door. I just patched the receiver wires into the ones running from the drivers door and works perfectly. The only thing I want to do is find either the standard receiver or the wire(s) that control the auto up and down for the windows and get that working

G

Unregistered
So these cars have no imobilisation standard? Is that correct?

G

Unregistered
i had this prob went to mitsi and they said that crap price and also said that they aint even sure if they can recode the blank key so it opens the doors.. hmm spend $300 and then they cant get it to work.lol what dicks. you can get keys recodded from some lock smith/key cutters, they just get your old key push the button and their computer receives the code then they imprint it on a blank key.. the code im talking bout is for the central locking not laser codded keys that comunicat with the car..

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I've got a new one on it's way, so I'll let you know how I go getting it working. Only costing me 10400Yen though ;)

G

Unregistered
if that was delivered ill stab someone.lol i have one comming and i paid $90AUD delivered and its taken 2months cause im a tight ass and put it in a container like a dick.lol

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I successfully registered my new key with the car's remote receiver this morning, both keys control remote central locking and integrated alarm and it cost me all of about two minutes (instead of the $120 Mitsubishi wanted to do it LOL).

minik1971

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nigel
Drive
White 1990 BMW 535i was a Black 1998 Legnum FL (written off)
I successfully registered my new key with the car's remote receiver this morning, both keys control remote central locking and integrated alarm and it cost me all of about two minutes (instead of the $120 Mitsubishi wanted to do it LOL).

Please explain how you did it?
I am sure there are many other people that will be keen to know this.

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
Trev, where did you bought the key (site please)? I am needing one as well.

and as above, tell us how did you do it.

Also, on the otherhand (just a double confirmation), so the pre-facelifts does not have standard immobiliser yeh? ;)

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I got the key from my friendly neighbourhood Japanese parts importer, who helped me get it directly from Mitsubishi Japan. I then got the blank key cut from my original by a locksmith for $25.

Sorry I'm not going to post instructions for the process on the forums, as it could impact the security of someone's car. Instructions are available from the Workshop Manual however.

No, VR4's don't come with factory immobilisers - you'll need to get one fitted. Even if your car came with an alarm from Japan, it almost certainly won't be Australian Standards compliant, meaning your insurance may very well not cover the car. I got a piggy-back immobiliser and alarm linked to my factory remote central locking system, giving me maximum integration.

Top Bottom