Relmz

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S
Hey all,

Had a passenger in my car yesterday complain that their feet were getting wet o_O

Checked it out today, and I'm getting a lot (like a cup full) of cold water leaking onto the front passenger carpet.
It turns out it's coming from the big black AC cooling unit that's in behind the glovebox.

Where does the water usually drain to? Is there somewhere I could check for a blockage?

Also, does anyone know if there's any user serviceable parts inside these things that I might be able to fix by pulling it apart?

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Sounds like the rubber hose that empties the condensation from the unit through the firewall has perished. I may have one on my wreck

Relmz

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S
Cheers mate!

Is there anywhere on the engine side I could inspect the hose from, or will I need to pull the cooling unit out from under the glovebox to get a look in behind it?

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Its hard to get at, the exit in the engine bay is under the charcoal canister.
The rubber hose goes onto evaporator which is the black unit behind the glove box. You should be able to just fit a new hose from the engine bay, because when you refit the evaporator, it just pushes into the hose.

Relmz

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S
So I was just trying to remove the evaporator to get a look behind it, removed the top two bolts and one at the bottom then disconnected a hose on the bottom-right (a heap of water came out when I did that), but something still seems to be holding it in place.

When I disconnected the hose on the bottom-right a small rubber hose fell into the engine bay - this isn't the hose you were talking about?

Hose.jpg

Top Bottom