Leaks and Drips (perhaps could end up being a guide?)

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
I just thought id open up a new thread cause i got a NEW drip now... (done ANOTHER oil change cause the car was running crap) and found this :(
Green drops, could it be brake fluid or would it be coolant? :S

Also uploaded the split cv grease from the other thread, which i will soon upload just for reference for people looking :p

Big question - WHAT IS THE GREEN STUFF. Came from around the opposite side of the tray to the oil sump..

WHY ME?! bloody car :p Going to be booking it in to a shop for a TOP TO BOTTOM checkup ASAP.

Attachments

• drips.jpg
    drips.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 25
  • grease.jpg
    grease.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 27

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Green stuff looks like coolant. Is it thick or watery?

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Agreed, looks just like coolant. Any idea where it could be coming from? That pic gives no point of reference... Speaking of which, you should really orient your pics before uploading them - its difficult to work out what you're looking at when you're not sure if the pic is on its side or upside down...

Having seen those photos its pretty obvious it's CV grease - you can see it's been thrown out in a circular pattern as the shaft has rotated.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Josh, that definitely looks like concentrated radiator coolant..

also you better clean off those grease, you don't want them dripping down or splattering into your abs sensor..

Top Bottom