Pics: Removed front difuser and found oil leaks all around?

G

Unregistered
Also noticed the big chip in the bottom of your tranny where some jockstrap put a prybar :banghead: I'd be sealing that up if I were you Dimi - you don't want muck splashing up inside your transmission!

Most bell housings are open to the air from some sort of hole some were the engine is completly sealed from it as well as the transmission.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Got a quote this morning $920 for the rear man seal and torque converter seal to be replaced by Hills Motorsport in Castle Hill.
Booked it in for for 2 weeks from now. Mark said they'll start work on it on the Monday and I can pick it up on Tuesday morning.
I'm happy with the quote. Hopefully i'm not hit with any nasty surprises like "your box needs a rebuild" :rolleyes:

dude.. while at it.. get them to check the rest of the seals.. like for the transfer case and stuff at least you'll only need to get the car off the road once..

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
lol, thats no chip.
that's how it's cast
Haha just double-checked, and of course you're right - don't I look like a muppet now? :redface:

Most bell housings are open to the air from some sort of hole some were the engine is completly sealed from it as well as the transmission.
Yea there are also the two breather holes at the top, I guess the bottom one is a drain hole. From that photo I thought the edges looked rough... Should have double-checked before opening my big mouth :redface:

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Well I have the same drain hole in the bell housing of my 'real' transmission, so I'm still muppet-material ;) :p

G

Unregistered
You couldn't double check, you've got a real gearbox.

somebody with a manual needs to hurry the fcuk up and put a decent time down the 1/4 mile then.. because all i'm seeing is quick auto's. :)

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Well in a little while I'll have a clutch capable of not exploding at the very thought ;) But no promises on when I'll get around to doing ¼'s - maybe after Ivan's stage 3 and my piggyback + EBC are in :)

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
ill hit the strip eventually - thing that will hold my times back is fear of breaking something 'launching' and fear of stuffing my gearbox by shifting fast :D :D

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
From the looks of my garage floor and a look under the car my crank seal is leaking as well. I should have got them to replace it when they did the gearbox seal while fitting the new clutch :(

I'm still having issues with my clutch so it's going in to get looked at tomorrow. At least if they have to pull the box out I can get them to replace the seal at the same time I guess. My car is starting to turn into a expensive little mo-fo...

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
From the looks of my garage floor and a look under the car my crank seal is leaking as well. I should have got them to replace it when they did the gearbox seal while fitting the new clutch :(

I'm still having issues with my clutch so it's going in to get looked at tomorrow. At least if they have to pull the box out I can get them to replace the seal at the same time I guess. My car is starting to turn into a expensive little mo-fo...

thats not good lee,

hope it all pans out for you

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
Sorry to hear Lee. But i guess, once you get the crank seal changed, you won't have to do it again.

Speaking of seals, does anybody know which seals should all be changed once an auto box is out?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
somebody with a manual needs to hurry the fcuk up and put a decent time down the 1/4 mile then.. because all i'm seeing is quick auto's. :)

won't be too long bud..

keep in mind 'patience is a virtue' buwhahahaa...

Top Bottom