Forged Engine Build Pics

ersanalamin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ersan Al Amin
Drive
Year 2000 EA5A => FL EC5A
So that escalated whilst I was away, was just thinking this discussion should be moved elsewhere out of this thread.

Please be patient. *if* Prism included the ARP packing in what they sent me I will advise you soon.

Nahh just a discussion. So far I havent seen any member pointing clearly / show what ARP bolt/Part number that they are using. for me that is a problem, Just waiting for your confirmation before I decide which correct ARP bolt i am gonna buy

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
@ersanalamin - the drama could have been avoided if you'd specified up front WHY you need the exact part number and the reasons you can't determine it by yourself. I must admit that your repeated questions seem a lot like lazy spamming.

Anyway, good luck with it and I hope you find what you need in the end.

smohekey

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott Mohekey
Drive
Legnum
The exact part number depends on the grade of steel used to make the bolts as well as the quantity in the packaging.

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
We gota stop hijacking this thread, Ersan I don't have the part number my builder got the bolts for me. If your so worried about getting the righ bolts then MEASURE THEM! Then you will know exactly what size they are. Don't how to measure them then take the rods to someone that does.

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
I am not stupid i can read it, Please dont ever think I am lazy and havent searching about it, but too much information would confuse someone. Adam the prism seller didnt said certain arp bolt part number he just said the size and the thread that was 3/8"UNF L=1.5" There's ebay link about ARP bolt has the same dimension the prism seller told me about but available in many part number. type ARP 3/8"UNF L=1,5" on ebay search, many of ARP bolt 3/8"UNF L=1.5" show up with many different part number.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XARP 3/8" UNF L=1.5&_nkw=ARP 3/8" UNF L=1.5&_sacat=0

No offense, I cant event get the answer from you that already get the arp bolt installed . The bolt is not cheap, and i dont want to spend money for nothing and that just for the bolt.. If you can just inform me the ARP bolt that u use and help me to choose which one on ebay I will be very gratefull
In the links in the first post of the ClubVR4 thread it has 2 options of bolts, L19 material and 2000 material. It is entirely up to you which material you choose, the L19 is a better material but costs more
you can also get 8740 material which is the cheapest but not as good as either the 2000 or the L19 or you can get CA625+ which is the very best ARP have to offer but is very very expensive.
2000 material is all you will need though. On the two engines I have put together I used 2000 Material. but again it is up to you which you choose.

ersanalamin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ersan Al Amin
Drive
In the links in the first post of the ClubVR4 thread it has 2 options of bolts, L19 material and 2000 material. It is entirely up to you which material you choose, the L19 is a better material but costs more
you can also get 8740 material which is the cheapest but not as good as either the 2000 or the L19 or you can get CA625+ which is the very best ARP have to offer but is very very expensive.
2000 material is all you will need though. On the two engines I have put together I used 2000 Material. but again it is up to you which you choose.

Love it, sounds very professional indeed. very nice review. You're the man. Meanwhile I ve already decide, I will buy ARP L19. costly but thats kinda related to the work scope that i dont wanna do twice or sorry later. one again thanks, I apreciate it.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
If you don't wanna do it again upgrade the bolt size whilst you're at it... or at least investigate the costs of doing so.

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
If you don't wanna do it again upgrade the bolt size whilst you're at it... or at least investigate the costs of doing so.
he has prism rods so the bolts in those (3/8") are already 1.5mm bigger than the stock 8mm ones.

ersanalamin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ersan Al Amin
Drive
somebody told me that I also must replace the crankshaft bolt with ARP. I know that is a must for > 500 hp engine power. but the target is only to push the stock turbo + forge dual port adjustable wastegate 14 psi to the limit. estimated 1.5 bar boost max (Cant do it with internal stock and highest 95 RON fuel available safely, so I also bought AEM WMI). I guess ARP rod bolt and head stud (ecxluding crank ARP bolt) more than enough to handle such power.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
The oem bolts for the girdle will be fine at your power level.

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
somebody told me that I also must replace the crankshaft bolt with ARP. I know that is a must for > 500 hp engine power. but the target is only to push the stock turbo + forge dual port adjustable wastegate 14 psi to the limit. estimated 1.5 bar boost max (Cant do it with internal stock and highest 95 RON fuel available safely, so I also bought AEM WMI). I guess ARP rod bolt and head stud (ecxluding crank ARP bolt) more than enough to handle such power.
I would put ARP main bolts in just as a "better safe than sorry" measure. especially as they are cheap.
again this topic has been covered elsewhere and you will find which ones you need search

ersanalamin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ersan Al Amin
Drive
I would put ARP main bolts in just as a "better safe than sorry" measure. especially as they are cheap.
again this topic has been covered elsewhere and you will find which ones you need search

Are you sure the ARP crankshaft bolt (same for evo) is cheap? did u replace the stock crank bolt also?

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
So updates on the actuall build has he done the run in period? When's it looking at pushing the big numbers?

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
Its up and running and has been for some time.
Run in period has been and gone.
Just a matter of Carl finding some time and money to re-instate the Water-methanol injection system and me to install and dial in the adjustable cam gears. then spend some money getting it properly dyno tuned on big boost. we also want to put some better quality injectors and re-run the fuel lines as -8AN feed from the pump before all this happens too.
I will update when it does hit the dyno.

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
Any breaking news? Probably a bad pun to
Use. Lol

Top Bottom