Tristian's mega detail - lots of pics

cittris

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tristian
Drive
2001 Tarmac Black Evo VII
Hi guys, just wanted to share with you the detail i am getting at the moment.

Here is the post from VIC by my detailer.

.Ryan. said:
This is a work in progress. I have it for tomorrow as well, so I was able to spread the detail out more, take my time and get more photos then with Ash's Chaser.

Completed so far:
- Thorough wash
- Clay Bar Decontamination
- Masked Up
- Paint Correction step 1, medium cut on light cutting pad.

Still to do:
- Paint Correction step 2, Sub 1 Micron Jewelling polish on Ultra Fine polishing pad
- Thorough Cleansing wipedown
- Polymer Sealant application
- Engine bay plastics cleaned and dressed
- Interior Vac'd, Dusted, and Dash dressed with Polymer Treatment, and an attempt at removing a stain on the Recaro drivers seat.

Before photos:
InfiniteFocus.jpg

InfiniteFocus-5.jpg

InfiniteFocus-6.jpg

InfiniteFocus-7.jpg

FI Power Wheel Cleaner dwelling on the wheels, FI General Purpose Cleaner dwelling on the tyres and Calipers.

InfiniteFocus-8.jpg

Some 'before' shots of the paint condition, under 3 different light sources, 500W Halogens, External Flash unit for my dslr, and the Sun.

InfiniteFocus-3.jpg

InfiniteFocus-4.jpg

InfiniteFocus-2.jpg

Some deeper swirling:

InfiniteFocus-9.jpg

InfiniteFocus-3-2.jpg

After 1-2 passes of Final Inspection CAP Medium on FI Orange Light Cutting Pad:

InfiniteFocus-4-2.jpg

Starting to look more like a mirror again:

InfiniteFocus-5-2.jpg

InfiniteFocus-6-2.jpg

You can see how much stuff I use in a detail in this photo. probably 75% of it in picture.

InfiniteFocus-7-2.jpg

InfiniteFocus-8-2.jpg

InfiniteFocus-10.jpg

InfiniteFocus-2-3.jpg

InfiniteFocus-6-3.jpg
InfiniteFocus-7-3.jpg

InfiniteFocus-8-3.jpg

InfiniteFocus-11.jpg

InfiniteFocus-4-4.jpg

Roof reflecting in the roof :lol:

InfiniteFocus-2-4.jpg

How it sits atm awaiting completion tomorrow.

InfiniteFocus-5-4.jpg

InfiniteFocus-6-4.jpg

Basically the paint is now 90% swirl free, at least I think it is, will confirm that in the sunlight tomorrow morning. Tomorrow is about getting getting rid of the holograms left by the cutting stage, and polishing up as much Gloss/Depth as possible out of the paint. Then Sealing it in :) Looking forward to finishing this one, looking sweet so far.

To be continued.....

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
Umm... wow! I think it is safe to say you take my crown of having the cleanest car.

So when do I drive mine to yours for the royal treatment :p

Seriously though; looks mint! .. and your not even done yet.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
For a border basically to stop problems around the rubber parts and changes between panels.

G

Unregistered
wow that looks so good, what is the white tape on your car for though?

That's to pull the paint off & damage the trim with when it's removed. It does happen from time-to-time, especially on resprayed areas.

You should be using low-tack blue painters tape instead, but it costs a heap more.

But looking good... please don't go using the dirt-filled wash brooms at the local self serve car wash after this!

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
How much does a detail like this cost? I was actually given some money for my birthday to get my car detailed and I've forgotten all about it lol

generalboozy

Crunching Gears
First Name
Joshua
Drive
new: 98 Leggy Vr4 old: nissan 200sx, honda integra, toyota corona....now i've seen the light.
hey tristian, i've got a black leggy as well with copious amounts of swirl marks....
i'm assuming you'll go through the process of how ya did all this? my detailing prowess is limited to a good wash, shammy, and wax with some tire polish.....but that looks mint and i'd love to get mine looking that nice....
look forward to seein the final product!!!

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Makes me sad panda to think that the paint on my legnum is like your starting pics :(

Looking very nice now Tristian

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Should've bought a white car and spent the time getting pissed instead of washing cars ;)

On a more serious note looks great mate, very envious. It is fairly amazing how much a car can be transformed by a good wash!

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
Looks amazing, but I can never justify the cost to myself, especially living in a forest on a mountain :)

triggs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mathew
Drive
Trigger Mauve 1996 VR-4 Galant
Looks amazing, but I can never justify the cost to myself, especially living in a forest on a mountain :)

Nah nah, just get it done on the same day the sun is out and you have a mate with a good camera over!
Oh and make sure you have plenty of hardrive space on your computer for all the photos you will be taking!

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Me too would like to know the $$$

I paid $800 for a full on detailing of the Super when I bought it, but 24 hours later, I realised it wasn't worth the cost.

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
You making your car sexy for tonight huh lol.

Can you give detailers details out? location, cost.

G

Unregistered
Haha, nice work Tristian.

The tape I'm using on the car is 3M automotive masking tape, low tack just like the painters tape, but without the blue dye and about 1/2 the price :)

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
I knew I saw some masking tape for car paint in the shops somewhere!
This is looking awesome! And makes me sad to look at my car sitting in the sun :( Maybe in the holidays I will have to head to a detailers as well

G

Unregistered
epic!

if only i still had the motivation to put that much effort into my car...i used to enjoy detailing, then i made the mistake of starting a business (part time)...i soon quickly lost the passion for it :(

cittris

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tristian
Drive
2001 Tarmac Black Evo VII
Haha, nice work Tristian.

The tape I'm using on the car is 3M automotive masking tape, low tack just like the painters tape, but without the blue dye and about 1/2 the price :)

Everyone! This is Ryan the guy detailing my car! be nice :D
Please forward all requests to him :)

P.S. Ryan shouldn't you be detailing my car? :p

Top Bottom