Tristian's mega detail - lots of pics

G

Unregistered
I can't think of any good detailing shops in SA off the top of my head. Price depends on who does it though.

G

Unregistered
They are more expensive than me, but you have to take into account they are running a business and have overheads to pay etc. It's just a hobby for me. Their rates are about average in terms of pro shops I think.

From their website their work looks pretty good, and the online store they linked sells decent quality product, so I assume thats what they use.

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
Dry and shine are very good, they run the glowridaz website and store. A bunch of us SA guys did a diy day with them last year which was very good value, and very informative. That is what gave me the motivation and products etc to do mine.
Lee, if you are thinking about doing it yourself, go to one of their diy days, well worth it.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Rob - DIY takes a whole lot of time I dont have at the moment, thus why looking to pay someone to do it for me... either that or I do the best I can in a 2-3 hour time frame. Which would be wash, clay then bit of Autoglym Super Resin Polish.... thinking that may have to do as $300 can pay for a tune to get the killerwasps I need, not making it look pretty :lol:

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
If you ever want to spend some time in NZ you can stay at my house for as long as you want, how do you feel about Trigger Mauve? :)

G

Unregistered
Hotwire, Autoglym SRP is more of a glaze, virtually 0 cut, but packed with fillers. So the pain will look alright until you wash the fillers out

If you ever want to spend some time in NZ you can stay at my house for as
long as you want, how do you feel about Trigger Mauve? :)

Haha, I think I'm going to NZ next year on a family holiday. And trigger mauve is a sweet colour, never seen it in the flesh though.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
If you ever want to spend some time in NZ you can stay at my house for as long as you want, how do you feel about Trigger Mauve? :)

Just make sure you do NOT drop the soap when in his shower. I've heard rumours....

BTW how many houses do you have Brad????

G

Unregistered
Haha, nice work Tristian.

The tape I'm using on the car is 3M automotive masking tape, low tack just like the painters tape, but without the blue dye and about 1/2 the price :)

Sounds good, I'll have to keep my eyes open for it! So, others take note before attacking your car with normal masking tape from the Reject Shop!

G

Unregistered
Sounds good, I'll have to keep my eyes open for it! So, others take note before attacking your car with normal masking tape from the Reject Shop!

I order mine from Final Inspection :)

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Hotwire, Autoglym SRP is more of a glaze, virtually 0 cut, but packed with fillers. So the pain will look alright until you wash the fillers out

Hrmmm well i'll get some photo's of the condition of my paint and then get some feedback on best products to use if thats ok.
Looks like i'll be doing the hard yards myself to save $$. Keep in mind I dont really want to go to the extent of buying a buffer, but just keep it to hand application... unless I can pickup a good buff for around or less than $75??

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
Hrmmm well i'll get some photo's of the condition of my paint and then get some feedback on best products to use if thats ok.
Looks like i'll be doing the hard yards myself to save $$. Keep in mind I dont really want to go to the extent of buying a buffer, but just keep it to hand application... unless I can pickup a good buff for around or less than $75??

Feel free to borrow my random orbital if you like Lee. It's not the best for cutting as it only has a 3.5mm orbit, but for $110 bucks from bunnings, it is a lot better than by hand.

CLuTZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andre
Drive
C73A Lancer GSR, G6E Turbo MK2
Where abouts are you located mate?? How much did you say it cost to do the exterior of the leggie??

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Feel free to borrow my random orbital if you like Lee. It's not the best for cutting as it only has a 3.5mm orbit, but for $110 bucks from bunnings, it is a lot better than by hand.

That would be fantastic, thanks rob! I guess the only question is, how bad can i f**k up having never used one before :001_unsure: Keen to get a nice look, but dont want to burn the paint in the process.

Perhaps I'll get you round for an hour or so to help get me started if you dont mind Rob? Make use of some of your products too (presuming you have enough) for a donation of a few $$ towards the use of them all ;)

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
You're going to get a lot of work Ryan, especially from the Victorian crew :)

Jimmy_EC5W

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
1998 Pearl White Legnum, Atlas Grey VN SS
Man I cant believe how good the car looks now.. Im jealous. Im guessing your on the east side! - How much do you charge? PM if ya can man, cheers

G

Unregistered
Hi guys, I'm working out what my costs are for each detail and revising my prices to suit ATM. As I start work in October, if I'm to keep doing this on weekends I'll want to make money out of it. I'll pm those who asked later on today.

And hotwire, you'd have to do something very stupid to burn paint with a $110 Random Orbital. Just don't hold it in one spot, and keep the pad flat to the paint, you should be fine :p

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
That would be fantastic, thanks rob! I guess the only question is, how bad can i f**k up having never used one before :001_unsure: Keen to get a nice look, but dont want to burn the paint in the process.

Perhaps I'll get you round for an hour or so to help get me started if you dont mind Rob? Make use of some of your products too (presuming you have enough) for a donation of a few $$ towards the use of them all ;)

You will not burn the paint with the orbital, not fast enough or powerfull enough to do that. It won't cut a lot (mine needs more cutting to remove water marks), but it does bring out a nice even finish.
Let me know if you want to take me up on the offer.

Top Bottom