Any updates? Keen to waste some money on my pile of shit legnum

raj

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Khemrajh
Drive
Galant vr4
What fuel are you using ?
Also you need to keep the tq under 450 ft lbs. Otherwise you're gonna have problems,

raj

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Khemrajh
Drive
Galant vr4
Hey, as @6A13TT TYPE S said those 550cc are too small, you need to go 1000cc +. Also you have a built buttom end so that's a plus. All my builds so far is on stock internals so you should have no issues reaching your goals

J_banger

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Jason
Drive
97 Legnum vr4
@Silvervr4cibodas I have over 400awkw on my single turbo build and running 3 fuel pumps (1x Walbro 255 in the tank and 2x Walbro 460 in surge tank) with 1350cc injectors.
Very interested to see how the G35 pulsar turbo performs for you.

raj

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Khemrajh
Drive
Galant vr4
Pulsar gtx3584r......
541whp @ 477 ft lbs tq ( Dyno jet )
I won't advice anyone with a stock buttom end to cross 450ft lbs

IMG_20230916_150207.jpg

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
Its the high boost threshold thats keeping these stock bottom ends alive. 300ftlb doesnt hit till 5krpm
If the turbo came on earlier youd be making more cylinder pressure (torque) at lower rpm where it has more time to transmit force to the rods and bearings. and that ultimately is what kills rods, bearings and stretches head bolts.

The higher in the rpm range you move the cylinder pressure the less time that force has to wreak havoc on the components. Until you obviously reach a certain RPM limit where Valvetrain stability or conrod tensile strength becomes an issue.

Case in point the single turbo car i completed recently makes 300ftlb (400NM) at 3800rpm and I wouldnt risk that on stock rods. It could make more power even earlier too if we were to run it on ethanol based fuels instead of the pump 95ron it was tuned on. But this is a street car running on street fuel. It only makes 460hp on 21psi but light to light i can guarantee that this car will be faster than the car that makes 80hp more (540).
On a drag strip itll be a different story and a Circuit race situation will be different again. but it all comes down to how the car will be used. And how much lag the driver is willing to put up with. Depends if your racing dyno sheets or racing cars

20231220_104731.jpg

raj

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Khemrajh
Drive
Galant vr4
Its the high boost threshold thats keeping these stock bottom ends alive. 300ftlb doesnt hit till 5krpm
If the turbo came on earlier youd be making more cylinder pressure (torque) at lower rpm where it has more time to transmit force to the rods and bearings. and that ultimately is what kills rods, bearings and stretches head bolts.

The higher in the rpm range you move the cylinder pressure the less time that force has to wreak havoc on the components. Until you obviously reach a certain RPM limit where Valvetrain stability or conrod tensile strength becomes an issue.

Case in point the single turbo car i completed recently makes 300ftlb (400NM) at 3800rpm and I wouldnt risk that on stock rods. It could make more power even earlier too if we were to run it on ethanol based fuels instead of the pump 95ron it was tuned on. But this is a street car running on street fuel. It only makes 460hp on 21psi but light to light i can guarantee that this car will be faster than the car that makes 80hp more (540).
On a drag strip itll be a different story and a Circuit race situation will be different again. but it all comes down to how the car will be used. And how much lag the driver is willing to put up with. Depends if your racing dyno sheets or racing cars

Correct, this setup was build purely for 1/4 mile racing, so everything was done to keep peak TQ over 5000rpm.. This car ran a 11.25 secs on the quarter mile. 6000rpm launch control @ 15 psi boost of the line

Silvervr4cibodas

Idling at the Lights
First Name
John
Drive
Vr4
Yeahh bro. I got 504 hp @22 psi on dyno dynamic. I try on track 1/8 miles 7.5sec but its too much spin. Shifting @8200rpm. To preven the pump oil issue I install accushump/dryshump. Next target 600 hp next yearšŸ˜

Top Bottom