Single turbo upgrades for legnums..?

G

Unregistered
Hey guys

Im not planning on doing this anytime soon but there is a seed planted in mind to do so in the future.. Having said that, i really dont mind saying I have no idea how and if it would work...

Does anyone know of successful single turbo conversions made on our cars? I have read through the trubo upgrade threads but couldnt find much detail on it...

Any ideas.??

Peece

mustang21

Crunching Gears
First Name
ray
Drive
97 Legnum
Idk why you would bother. Its alot of work, and no real gain in power. stand alone ecu, bigger injectors and cracking the boost up is alot cheaper.

G

Unregistered
Thats why im looking for opinions dude... im not saying i will... just looking for the knowledge :)

will be upping boost when i upgrade the exhaust system

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
There's huge power to be gained! That dude called mante on club vr4 had well over 350hp at the wheels on a big garrett single, he also made a decent 1/4 mile time, like 12.5 I think.

G

Unregistered
Idk why you would bother. Its alot of work, and no real gain in power. stand alone ecu, bigger injectors and cracking the boost up is alot cheaper.

I did the single turbo with huge gain....

With the stock turbo you can only increase the boost up till 1 bar. Beyond that the stock turbo is useless.

The stock injector is still good enough up to 1 bar of boost.

Stand alone ecu wouldn't give u much increase power without any turbo upgrade. It's a waste of money. U might wanna get piggy back instead.

G

Unregistered
I did the single turbo with huge gain....

With the stock turbo you can only increase the boost up till 1 bar. Beyond that the stock turbo is useless.

The stock injector is still good enough up to 1 bar of boost.

Stand alone ecu wouldn't give u much increase power without any turbo upgrade. It's a waste of money. U might wanna get piggy back instead.

i think i actually tried to find some posts of yours dude... yeah the gains there defs... worried about fuel consumption out waying the advantages etc

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
If it is a daily and fuel economy is a concern I wouldn't bother. You're going to end up having to make a lot of compromises with daily driveability and also having to invest a hell of a lot of money.

G

Unregistered
Yeah i did read up on the Club VR4 threads where a couple of guys have done it and it isnt an easy venture by the sounds of it... be a bit of fun though

Top Bottom