Single turbo conversion

G

Unregistered
Im trying to find threads or any info on a single turbo conversion on a 6a13tt...

G

Unregistered
shot dude. Thats so mean. Im gonna have to go single now. Would love to see his dxf's... man what a read that was tho. definatly worth it.

G

Unregistered
thinking about doing this myself.
but...
how much better is it though.

G

Unregistered
I did the single turbo. It went great and there are lot of different. But I am still doing another project to work on shorter piping. Hope there will be a lot of improvement from the previous piping setup.

What I did before the piping from the front bank went under the engine to the rear , joined together with the rear bank and took it up above the transmission where the turbo located. My next project, I am gonna, somehow, make a space so that the piping from the front bank and rear bank going straight up above the transmission where the turbo located. It will have shorter piping setup compare to the previous setup.

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
I did the single turbo. It went great and there are lot of different. But I am still doing another project to work on shorter piping. Hope there will be a lot of improvement from the previous piping setup.

What I did before the piping from the front bank went under the engine to the rear , joined together with the rear bank and took it up above the transmission where the turbo located. My next project, I am gonna, somehow, make a space so that the piping from the front bank and rear bank going straight up above the transmission where the turbo located. It will have shorter piping setup compare to the previous setup.

Hey dude have u got any pics of your description?

Bennoz

Petrol Sniffer
First Name
Ben
Drive
Mitsubishi FTO
Here's a couple from the FTO fold

ENGINE.JPG

TURBO.JPG

INTAKE.JPG

FTO%206A13%20Engine.jpg

FTO%206A13%20pod+filter.jpg

FTO%206A13%20Turbo.jpg

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
nice conversions there..

what im just worried about is the heat.. what do they use to keep the heat down? apart from the thermal wrap and ceramic coat.. I'd be worried about the wires burning and stuff..

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
Definitely looks a lot simpler piping wise than a twin set up....

G

Unregistered
nice conversions there..

what im just worried about is the heat.. what do they use to keep the heat down? apart from the thermal wrap and ceramic coat.. I'd be worried about the wires burning and stuff..

if you installed the wire neatly there shouldn't be any problem with burning stuff on the engine bay ;)

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
true, but how about long term effect of it? nothing last forever as we all know :)

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
What I can say is that the VR-4 in NZ with a single TD05 had the hottest engine bay ever, hotter than my car after a track day and we'd only driven it around for 5 minutes and never took it past 5000rpm! It was stupidly hot.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
Brad, from what model evo did that TD05 came from? and who's car was it? any details on it?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
go to cvr4 and have a look for the massive td05 install thread. I think it was an EVO 6 or 6.5 turbo.

G

Unregistered
yes that is true bradc...

My engine is really hot. can u imagine that i live in tropical country, how hot would it be?

but so far even driving in a long period of time, I have no problem with over heating, burning cable and such.*hopefully never* For the wire installation it took a lot of time just to rearrange all the wire position to keep safe and tidy.

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
Gee i never thought about the heat problems associated with a single conversion...nothin a evo X front bumper couldnt help with and a evo bonnet they allow massive amounts of air flow so suppose that could help keep some of it down.....im very keen on doing this mod very shortly and the guys that have done the single conversions havent said anything about heating problems.......yet...one guy is pulling over 600hp from his 6a13 in an fto and its even more cramped engine bay than wat ours would be.....hmmm decisions decisions

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Thats the main reason why I want to stay with twins. A pair of turbos on a V6 is so much more elegant than a single.

Top Bottom