Legnum: Import vs buy local

G

Unregistered
As some of you may know, i used to have an S2000 (by used to, i mean the guy that bought it picked it up 20 minutes ago). Good news is, i'm now ready to buy a legnum.

I've had a read of the 'how to import' process posted and was pretty dead set on importing through a broker. But then i popped down to SSV in melbourne 2 days ago and the owner was selling his wife's legnum. I figure as its his wife's, it would be in pretty good condition, at least mechanically. Just wondering if you guys think the price is reasonable for the car. I guess for the right price, and subject to inspection, I may as well just buy this one and not have to wait for an import.

Car details:
1999 Legnum VR4
Pearl White
80,000 kms
Sunroof
Factory wide-body kit
Black/red interior
Carbon fibre centre console trim
Think it was auction grade 4, but not 100%

The guy is asking $15,000. Ideally i'd like to get it on the road for not much more than $15,000.
I'm off to inspect it today, i will post more info when i get back.

G

Unregistered
I'm not 100% if its a Type S

Is the the only difference between Type S and Type V that the Type S has AYC?

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
I am guessing "factory wide body" means Type S. The Type S had AYC, wheel arch flares and a funky light up dash. $15k sounds like a good deal IMO

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Everyone on here knows they really want a FL Type S :ROFLMAO:

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
a facelift manual type s with either recaro's or leather, in either Roanne Red, Black or Indigo Blue :)

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
That seems a good price i got mine for around $13000 landed and complied

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
15k from a local dealer is a great price but I'd be having it checked quite thoroughly first.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
a facelift manual type s with either recaro's or leather, in either Roanne Red, Black or Indigo Blue :)
LOL not for 15k, Brad ;)

Mine is close, minus the recaros. I'll get to them later though ;)

RE the question at hand, ditto to the other comments - if the car's in good nick that's a fair price and I'd take it if that's what you're looking for :) I guess the question is, why are they selling such a great car???

G

Unregistered
They are selling to buy a hilux for their farm.

I found out it's a Type S with AYC, flared wheel arches, ralliart exhaust, after-market 17" rims and headunit. 66,000kms. Auction grade 4.5.

Oh, and i bought it today, for $15,000.
Once i take delivery i'll post some pics up.

G

Unregistered
Sounds like a good deal, congrats. PICS!!! :)

G

Unregistered
Cheers fellas.

I guess i could have probably got a slightly better deal importing, but then i waited a whole 2 hours between selling the S2K and buying a legnum, lol, i figure it's worth it.

Will post pics once i get it, and will defintely have to sus out when the next meet in Victoria is on.

G

Unregistered
sorry to hijack but i too am looking at buying a car from ssv pending a mechanical inspection and would like to know if paying between 15-16K for a 96 galant vr4 manual with tein coilovers, catback, aftermarket wheels and 79000 on the clock excessive?

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
sorry to hijack but i too am looking at buying a car from ssv pending a mechanical inspection and would like to know if paying between 15-16K for a 96 galant vr4 manual with tein coilovers, catback, aftermarket wheels and 79000 on the clock excessive?
Bill that really depends on the quality of the car. In great condition, sure that sounds like a good deal. But you're talking about an 11-12yo car, there - just be careful its all good from front to back. But otherwise I think it sounds like a good combo - manual galants are rare beasts.

Top Bottom